SMT 4 Second Playthrough (No Spoilers)

• Thread starter Batfreak
  • Start date
Batfreak

Batfreak

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
I finished playing through Shin Megami Tensei IV months ago, and it allowed me to go right into a second playthrough with all my skills, weapons and equipment. How worth it is playing through that game a second time because the first playthrough took me a long time to beat because of all the exploring I did and had to do.

SMT4 is the first game in the series that I have ever played, and while I enjoyed the massive amount of content it contained, I'm wondering if I already experienced everything the game has to offer in my first playthrough.

Thanks!

I'm going to have to be cagey to avoid spoilers here, buuuuut... it's possibly worth a second runthrough, not least because you're starting with your skills/weapons/equipment and thus can sail through the early parts of the game. A second runthrough shouldn't take nearly so long if you carried a lot of stuff across into New Game Plus.

There are really two branching points in the game which offer different routes. One of them is around the mid-game, and you need to play a second time to see the alternate route. The other is basically the last bit of the game, which depends entirely on your alignment.

Oh, and there's also the "bad" ending, but I'm not sure that really counts. I guess there's also the DLC stuff, which is mostly a load of bonus bosses, some of which are - in true Atlus tradition - insanely hard. There are plenty of bonus bosses hidden away in the game itself and a few that can only be accessed on the second playthrough, too, but none of them are really story-related.

I suppose my question is: which alignment did you finish with, the first time? Because your answer to that partially dictates whether it's worth a second playthrough.

I stayed pretty neutral the first time around, but I aligned myself more with Jonathan than Walter.

If you got the Neutral ending (which is really, really hard to do!) then - endings aside - you've seen pretty much all of the content, I think.

I got the neutral ending on my first playthrough :(. After that I find it hard to replay. There is a certain item that I want towards the end, so maybe i might jump back into it.

What I did was save my profile on both slots when I was given the choice of my alignment, so that in one save I was lawful and the other chaotic...still actually have to go back for the neutral ending, but it doesn't seem like a problem for you since you already got that (and on your first try?!?! Nice!!)

There are blimps on your save profile depending on what path you took, I want all 4 of em someday, just not yet LOL.

I got the Neutral Ending on my first playthrough, could you possible tell me what happened at the ending using the spoiler tags?

If you didn't get the neutral ending I'd say it's worth playing through casually, though I wouldn't let it take all of your gaming time.

I got Law ending in my first playthrough, but I did not carry my skill/equip, only Demon Compendium. Sometimes it better not to get Neutral ending first since you wouldn't be eager to replay from the beginning.

My 2nd playthrough ended with Nothingness ending, which was easy to get (since I got Law alignment again, I wanted to know what Nothingness is about).

It is worth replaying for: completing Demon Compendium, trying Master difficulty, and of course, accessing different endings. Mastema's response (after alignment set) will be different depending on which side are you.

I got Law my first time, and am really eager to eventually replay to get Neutral when I get the time.

I remember how sad I got when I missed a Law-exclusive demon AFTER I already created clear save data...

The game has a ton to offer so more then likely you haven't seen everything witch is normal for a massive game like SMT 4 . If you missed anything I 'm sure that you will come across it in your next game play. It will probably take a bit to get all of the three ending but that's why the game has so much replayablity to it.

The game has a ton to offer so more then likely you haven't seen everything witch is normal for a massive game like SMT 4 . If you missed anything I 'm sure that you will come across it in your next game play. It will probably take a bit to get all of the three ending but that's why the game has so much replayablity to it.
4 endings. In addition to the law, chaos, and neutral route, there's a nihilistic route

4 endings. In addition to the law, chaos, and neutral route, there's a nihilistic route
Ohh iI didn't know there was a 4th one . I wonder witch one I 'm gonna get. :giggle:

Back