SMT 4 tips for the beginning of the game

• Thread starter Frisk
  • Start date
Frisk

Frisk

Keyblade Wielders
Banned User
So, since I'm starting to play smt 4, can you guys give me any tips for the beginning of the game?

- Don't spend app points wildly. Wait until there is something that can benefit you.
- You can lower the difficulty if you die a lot (but I recommend playing on the highest difficulty since these games need to provide you with a good challenge and I also think you unlock a higher difficulty after beating the game).
- Save before fusing demons once you unlock the demon fusion app. Errors can occur and you can lose a favorite demon.
- Don't give up on the first "real" boss. I wrote about defeating him here.

I also made some guides you might be interested in checking out here. Go down the list the further you get in the game.

Everything Marc said plus farm a little bit.

More tips from me:
- Don't be afraid of using items, they are not that hard to get
- Always save often, mostly if you want to scout a demon
- If you get a game over, just close the game and restart. Better than wasting money and you skip a long cutscene.
- Aim for the neutral mode from the start. Once late in the game, you can create a second save and use it for see the other endings easily.
- Always, but always check out the Terminals. ALWAYS
- Be careful about changing equipment, since you will change your status resistances and weakness.

All the Marc said and if you want to farm to get up items and exp the best place for it is the life after death quest witch is a dlc quest but it pays off. It's pretty helpful if you want to lvl your demons, yourself or just want items to sell .

All the Marc said and if you want to farm to get up items and exp the best place for it is the life after death quest witch is a dlc quest but it pays off. It's pretty helpful if you want to lvl your demons, yourself or just want items to sell .

Actually that one is for experience only (golden items are rare). There is another one for money though.

Actually that one is for experience only (golden items are rare). There is another one for money though.
You can sell the items used for the fast exp if you wanted to. I do it all the time if I'm low on in game cash. So even tho it was meant only for exp that not exactly all you can use it for.

You can sell the items used for the fast exp if you wanted to. I do it all the time if I'm low on in game cash. So even tho it was meant only for exp that not exactly all you can use it for.

Good point, but they are faster ways to get money >.>

What about the 3rd floor of naraku? Any tips? My party keeps dying from the Naga's
My party:
MC - Level 7
Centaur - Level 6
Pele - Level 7
Gryphon - Level 4

First of all, try to level up your MC, a higher level means higher stats but also more possibilities in both fusions and recruitments, if you have specifically problems with Nagas, try to attack them with fire, Pele and maybe Melchom. Also, remember to bring armor resistent to Naga's icy Bufu and, a li'l tip, try to pass Resist Ice to Pele through a Lham Dearg + Napaea fusion. Try also to substitute Centaur and maybe Gryphon with stronger demons, I can't remember how many are avalaible at this point through fusions, but a constant change of party member will usually do the trick. ;)

Back