• Never played any of the games.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Robbie

Robbie

Helloo! \:D/
Towns Folk
I cannot decide between the two.I played the SMT DS2 and loved it, whereas I have ever played a FE game.Which game should I buy? I am leaning towards FE:A.Also if I purchase FE:A, is DLC required?

Although I love both of those games, I think I would have to recommend Awakening. DLC is not required but it is useful for extra characters, items, etc. Just to clarify this point: I beat the entire game without the use of DLC so don't worry about it being necessary to complete the game. Awakening has really great cut scenes and the use of 3D is excellent. It is a strategy RPG so if you're unsure about that I would try out the demo. SMTIV is more of just the standard RPG but it has great demon fusion and the story isn't bad either. The thing that I think really sets them apart is the replay value. FE:A has an unbelievable amount of customization and you can go through the game multiple times to perfect relationships, playing styles, which characters you unlock through side quests, and support conversations. I just don't see that level of customization and replayability with SMTIV. I wouldn't just forget about that one though. Definitely get it when Atlus has another sale :) (Those are quite often btw)

Last edited:
Thanks,really helpful.Then I will stick with FE:A :)

Back