SNES development with Higan (fmr. bsnes)

• Thread starter Nuke
  • Start date
Nuke

Nuke

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I wonder if any of you know about this.

Higan (the former bsnes SNES emulator) has the full capability to serve as a replacement SNES, including software emulation of all expansion chips used in official SNES games, thereby enabling almost all (if not all) games from the SNES to be played in maximum accuracy on a PC.

Do any of you think you'd like to develop for this at all? I think a mod to make it act like a more modern Nintendo system would be hilariously fun.

Higan (the former bsnes SNES emulator) has the full capability to serve as a replacement SNES, including software emulation of all expansion chips used in official SNES games, thereby enabling almost all (if not all) games from the SNES to be played in maximum accuracy on a PC.

Do any of you think you'd like to develop for this at all? I think a mod to make it act like a more modern Nintendo system would be hilariously fun.

Honestly, didn't know of the 100% emulation capacity, also I won't like to develop a emulator neither...

Honestly, didn't know of the 100% emulation capacity, also I won't like to develop a emulator neither...
It emulates the hardware itself instead of the traditional emulation style where "hacks" are used to accommodate individual games. It doesn't perform quite as well, but it's good.

It's 100% yeah, they had like one game that was a holdout until a year or two ago, but it's 100% now.

There have been a while since the last post, but anyways.
Sure it looks interesting. Perhaps I'll take a look at it, as I would like trying to make an emulator! (That "emulator" is just an idea, I don't care about the console, it's just for fun!)

Can he do that to any other game console games except SNES? If yes then that guy really is a genius

Can he do that to any other game console games except SNES? If yes then that guy really is a genius

Actually, Higan also supports GameBoy Games, and I need to check again, the BS-X (Satellite Broadcasted SNES Games that ware available in Japan only) games.

What's about it? Let's be realistic, everyone can play snes games on their pc and mobile phones.

What's about it? Let's be realistic, everyone can play snes games on their pc and mobile phones.

Yes, but what's great is that Higan currently adapts to the computer for the best performance, and is the only one to offer BS-X and GBC/GBA support in one emulator (the BS-X is relatively hard to emulate, it seems. But it has some interesting games ;) )

Higan has 100% accurate emulation based on reverse engineering of the SNES, unlike mobile emulators.

But it takes a long time to do this, so don't expect another console to be emulated at the same level as the SNES anytime soon.

Still, Higan is good for devs to have fun with retro dev.

Well, let's see in the near future his work and decide if he really is that good.

Back