• Thread starter klyohojr
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
klyohojr

klyohojr

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I don't know what game I want to get. It came with New Super Mario Bros. 2. And I've already beaten it. So the games I'm thinking about are Fire Emblem, either Pokemon Y, or Omega Ruby, or a Link Between Worlds. ;-;-;-;-; Someone help me with this decision please.

I'd say it depends on the type of game you want to go for. Are there any games released for past consoles and such you've liked in particular or are new to each of them entirely?

While pokémon is fun (have you ever played a pokémon game before?) my advise would be Fire Emblem Awakening. I've got both Fire Emblem and Pokémon X and while pokémon is ideal for some lazy casual gaming Fire Emblem is a lot more of a challenge and it has great storyline. If you want me to I can tell a bit about both games. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in a game. The story? The graphics? The adventure? The escape from our world? An endless game? A game where you can set your own goals or a game with many ways to a goal? I never played a Zelda game so I can't tell you anything about that.

Reactions: Moon Rain and Mikaya
While pokémon is fun (have you ever played a pokémon game before?) my advise would be Fire Emblem Awakening. I've got both Fire Emblem and Pokémon X and while pokémon is ideal for some lazy casual gaming Fire Emblem is a lot more of a challenge and it has great storyline. If you want me to I can tell a bit about both games. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in a game. The story? The graphics? The adventure? The escape from our world? An endless game? A game where you can set your own goals or a game with many ways to a goal? I never played a Zelda game so I can't tell you anything about that.
You make some good points on Fire Emblem, but I'd also like to point out that Pokemon arguably has more replay value with its competitive aspect. While the story is amazing, once you beat it, it's not quite the same going through it.

Also, forgot to mention this but due to megastones in ORAS not being available in XY, you may want to consider ORAS over XY in your decision-making.

Reactions: PersonSP
You make some good points on Fire Emblem, but I'd also like to point out that Pokemon arguably has more replay value with its competitive aspect. While the story is amazing, once you beat it, it's not quite the same going through it.

Also, forgot to mention this but due to megastones in ORAS not being available in XY, you may want to consider ORAS over XY in your decision-making.
Agreed, but on the other hand pokémon slowly bored me after the main story (5 days) while Fire Emblem has a loooooong main story to keep things interesting (more than 3 weeks already). So it also depends on if you want a lot of post game fun or just a good game. And whether you pick ORAS or XY probably depends on whether you want to play competitive with as much options as possible afterwards or if you value customisation over that. In sort; for good advice you need to know what you are looking for in a game.

Also, you might want to consider your views on DLC. If you like DLC, Fire Emblem is definitely a good choice because it has a ton of DLC you can choose from in addition to the long main game it's got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back