Splatoon 2 So, uh, Nintendo just announced the Final Splatfest...

• Thread starter James
  • Start date
James

James

That Zeraora guy
Towns Folk
Yeah, I'm not joking. Look.

Reactions: Marc
I saw this at the end of the E3 Splatoon World Championship..

They brought SMT to Splatoon.. was all I thought lol.

Dang, I thought I already watched Infinity War.

Dang, I thought I already watched Infinity War.
I thought I already watched Endgame.

Looks interesting. I'd be for order.

I already voted chaos. This splatfest is going to be 72 hours long and is likely to have an impact on the sequel to Splatoon 2.

I thought I already watched Endgame.
I think we just found the sequel to Endgame

I think we just found the sequel to Endgame
Avengers: Splatocalypse

Avengers: Splatocalypse
That would be cool but which avengers would be on which side.
I'm chaos

bruh I thought they just released Splatoon 2 only 2 years ago

Jul 21, 2017

wut

Wait a minute.
21st July 2017
21st July 2019
:redpanda:

Oh, I didn't even notice...

04C48E740AE74FC406A4A209042602077316B172

Looks like they lied.
There was ketchup vs mayo and trick vs treat. And the upcoming mario one. And im pretty sure theres gonna be one for zelda's 35th anniversary too.

• Funny
Reactions: Mizunil, Duffy and Jisenku
Looks like they lied.
There was ketchup vs mayo and trick vs treat. And the upcoming mario one. And im pretty sure theres gonna be one for zelda's 35th anniversary too.
I'm pretty sure those have been repeated splatfests. So maybe they meant there won't be any new splatfests? tough to tell but I think either way we can assume they are going to spend their development team on different projects now.

Reactions: Deepak
I'm pretty sure those have been repeated splatfests. So maybe they meant there won't be any new splatfests? tough to tell but I think either way we can assume they are going to spend their development team on different projects now.
The mario one is new though right? Super mushroom vs Super star. I guess there will be some exceptions for special cases.

Reactions: Mizunil and Duffy
The mario one is new though right? Super mushroom vs Super star. I guess there will be some exceptions for special cases.
To be honest I'm not sure. I would think it wouldn't be hard to literally come up with new ideas for splatfests and wouldn't take much time to keep the game supported so maybe after saying they were doing the "last one" they decided "eh, we can throw together some and do some repeats" just because. I really don't expect them to be working on a new splatoon game anytime soon so cutting off support or doing a final splatfest seems like a bad idea at the moment.

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
I really hope there is another splatfest before Splatoon 3 if there is one.

Then nintendo said "But wait, Theres more" XD I wonder if february's Mushroom vs Star is really the last one cause 2022 is splatoon 3 release date.

• Funny
Reactions: Mizunil
Back