Gen 6 Soft resetting: My hunt for shiny Ho-oh

• Thread starter DryIce02
  • Start date

Do you have a legit shiny legendary?

• Yeah! I'll post a picture of it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm currently hunting for one right now!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
DryIce02

DryIce02

Pokemaniac
Towns Folk
Hi there! ^u^

I just recently bought Pokemon Omega Ruby (So I could get all the legendaries ;)) and decided to try and get all my legendaries shiny. I know some are shiny locked so I won't bother talking about them.
Right now I'm on the hunt for shiny Ho-oh and have been soft resetting for about 5 hours now (Yeah, I know 5 hours isn't a long time when it comes to shiny hunting these guys :p). This is starting to get a little bit annoying tbh, but I don't want to lose hope. Any of you guys have a shiny legendary Pokemon that has been caught legit? If so, how long did it take you? Do you have a picture you want to share? :)

If you're going to SR for a shiny legendary, first of all Good Luck! It takes a lot of dedication and effort to encounter those, and you have to be really careful about what you do in battle, because you don't want to accidentally kill it lol...

Another thing, if you want to have a better chance at getting the shiny, I would recommend getting a Shiny Charm, which is obtainable by completing the National Dex (I know it sounds like a lot, but it'll be so worth it). The Shiny Charm doubles the shiny rate for all your encounters so having that in your bag while Soft Resetting isn't such a bad idea.

I think in Gen 6 (mostly ORAS), Shiny hunting a legendary (with Shiny Charm) tends to range from 500-10000 encounters in order to find a shiny (so about 10 to 100 hours), so just keep at it, and maybe one day you can find your Shiny Ho-oh waiting to be yours :p

As for me, I don't have any Shiny Legends >.> I just have a few Shinies that a found randomly in the wild, plus I'm dexnav hunting a few shinies myself, I'm currently at 300 encounters for a shiny Clefairy (which I held off for a while >.<),

Good luck! I am not really a shiny hunter, so I don't really have alot of experience, and I'm not that patient for SRing. Try getting the Shiny Charm. I don't have it, still need to get it, but it will double your chances. It's a random amount of time, it's something like 1/2250 (I don't know the exact number) for ecountering them with the Shiny Charm, so try being patient, it's taking some time.

Thank you for the tips guys! I'll look into the shiny charm and see if I can get it anytime soon. :p :)
The only problem is, don't I need legendary pokemon from both games? Any advice on how to get those pokemon? I know a lot of people are picky about trading legendary pokemon.

Last edited:
Thank you for the tips guys! I'll look into the shiny charm and see if I can get it anytime soon. :p :)
The only problem is, don't I need legendary pokemon from both games? Any advice on how to get those pokemon? I know a lot of people are picky about trading legendary pokemon.
You can get a legendary on gts by chain trading Pokemon, for example, trade a Emolga for a Charizard, Charizard for Dragonite and then Dragonite for a legendary you want.
Second option is to breed a pokemon with a hidden ability and egg moves, give it a salac berry, in the message field write HA+EM so that others know it has hidden ability and egg moves and ask for a legendary.
Third option, which I found surprising, is to breed a Bagon and trade it for a legendary. I tested it out this morning and got an Uxie o.o

Reactions: DryIce02
Good luck! If you want it with a good specific nature, have a Synchronise user leading the party with the desired nature to have a better chance of getting the nature you want.

And of course the Shiny Charm is sure to help, even if it takes a long while to get. Soft Resetting for a shiny legend is usually one of the most time-consuming and patience-testing methods of shiny hunting, so I wish you the best of luck and don't give up! :p

You can get a legendary on gts by chain trading Pokemon, for example, trade a Emolga for a Charizard, Charizard for Dragonite and then Dragonite for a legendary you want.
Second option is to breed a pokemon with a hidden ability and egg moves, give it a salac berry, in the message field write HA+EM so that others know it has hidden ability and egg moves and ask for a legendary.
Third option, which I found surprising, is to breed a Bagon and trade it for a legendary. I tested it out this morning and got an Uxie o.o

I've never really understood gts chain trading pokemon tbh, kinda sad to say ; - ; As for breeding pokemon, I'm not big into that, I feel like it just takes too long getting IVs and EVs all correct plus nature and the egg move PLUS the hidden ability.
For Bagon, people really trade big for him? Wow, I never knew that, I'll try it later tonight and see if I get anything big. :)
Thank you for the tips! :D

I sadly haven't encountered shiny legends yet, I haven't really had the time to do it of that matter. But I wish you luck for your hunt for a Shiny Ho-Oh and more to come! I would definitely recommend the shiny charm, also try to make it available for competitive play, such as giving it Adamant nature. If you don't know how to do that I'd look around the forum for one.

I've never really understood gts chain trading pokemon tbh, kinda sad to say ; - ; As for breeding pokemon, I'm not big into that, I feel like it just takes too long getting IVs and EVs all correct plus nature and the egg move PLUS the hidden ability.
For Bagon, people really trade big for him? Wow, I never knew that, I'll try it later tonight and see if I get anything big. :)
Thank you for the tips! :D
I don't know if they'll trade something big like zekrom or giratina, but the lake trio or maybe regi trio, something like that is surprisingly working :D but try going for Zekrom or Giratina and let me know if it's working :p

Reactions: DryIce02
Back