Software issues you have experienced with your Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Melissa
  • Start date
Melissa

Melissa

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
Last week I was using my switch as normal, I left it on the dock in sleep mode for no more then 30 mins to grab a coffee. When I came back home I realized that the console wouldn't turn on. After about 20 mins my switch randomly turned back on, but the internet wasn't able to connect. This issue proceeded for about an hour until I 100% formatted my switch. Since then there has been no issues to date .

I would like to hear other people's experiences on software related issues with the switch including errors and games crashing constantly.

I found my only solutution after many YouTube guides was to format. And start fresh. Almost as though my switch didn't update properly during a firmware update.

Reactions: Marc
I've had a couple issues with my switch as well (I.E, the time I didn't show up online on the friends list to anyone, and no one appeared online for me yet online games such as splatoon 2 worked) and when I restarted my switch to try and fix that, for some reason it didn't want to turn on for a bit.

That seemed to have just been a one off for me though maybe? I originally put it down to overheating yet I'm not sure to why it wouldn't connect to the friends server but it was fine with splatoon 2 servers. (Restarting didn't fix it, I had to restart it multiple times then it randomly connected after a bit).

Reactions: Marc
Only problem ive had is fortnite crashing, and they fixed that.

It doesn't happen anymore (thankfully), but when I turned on my Switch from 'sleep mode', I would sometimes notice it didn't connect to the Internet and I'd have to completely shut it off in order to connect to my WiFi.

Other than that, only lag now and again when there are A LOT of bosses in Splatoon 2's salmon run.

There's one rare occurrence for me months ago when I turned on my Switch from sleep mode, and the news feed on the screen seems to have unusual black box instead of some images related to the news. So I checked the News section to check what's wrong, and it crashed. Thankfully nothing serious happened because it's back to normal after I restarted my Switch manually.

Reactions: Samster
Thanks everyone for reporting issues :) I'd like to keep this going so we all have aa record of game crashes and or system problems. Hopefully we can all share what we did to resolve these as well for anyone in the future :)

The only thing that occurred to me was that Breath of the Wild crashed. It was very rare and I don't think it happens anymore.

And @Marc, I have the same problem in Salmon Run sometimes, but I think it's just performance issues (or maybe server issues but I don't think so)

I don't know what the problem is with my Switch currently, but this is a problem I'm still dealing with. Whenever I'm playing a game on my TV with a Pro Controller, sometimes I have to switch to Tabletop Mode, but whenever I do (and I'm not sure if this is just with Fortnite or not), the game that I'm playing almost always crashes and sends me back to the HOME Menu. It's happened once or twice with BOTW, and once with Super Mario Odyssey, but I don't know what the problem is.

I don't know what the problem is with my Switch currently, but this is a problem I'm still dealing with. Whenever I'm playing a game on my TV with a Pro Controller, sometimes I have to switch to Tabletop Mode, but whenever I do (and I'm not sure if this is just with Fortnite or not), the game that I'm playing almost always crashes and sends me back to the HOME Menu. It's happened once or twice with BOTW, and once with Super Mario Odyssey, but I don't know what the problem is.
I would definitely call support, as that definitely is a problem and one that Nintendo should fix.
Is it a official pro controller?

Reactions: Samster
I would definitely call support, as that definitely is a problem and one that Nintendo should fix.
Is it a official pro controller?
Yeah, all the controllers I own are official Nintendo licensed controllers. I think it has something to do with the he console itself.

I haven't had any problems with mine so far

While I was away at the gaming con this weekend, I had the issue again where my switch refused to turn on for a while. Idk what keeps causing that but it's super annoying when it happens since idk if it's somehow bricked or what.

I got a random error last night whilst playing Salmon run (Splatoon 2). Basically a screen came up asking if I consent to crash reports being sent to Nintendo (So they can look into it and hopefully fix it accordingly). It was treated as a dc and it threw me out of the game altogether (I was banned for 2 mins as a result). That was pretty annoying, Hope it doesn't happen again. xP

Reactions: Samster and 28142
Well the only problem I ever had was my splatoon 2 cartridge not reading originally. I brought it brand new and everything but it took several tries for the console to read it when all my other cartridges seemed to work fine. I don't have this problem now thankfully.

disgaea 5 randomly crashes when browsing rozenqueen shops and while equiping party members.that happened ti me quite frequently in handheld mode.
i have only played switch in handheld mode. the first time i turned on my switch was when it was in handheld mode.other than that so far no issues. i never docker my nintendo switch ever since i got it , but i might play games on tv in the future.

I never have any issues. Why is this? Its actually surprisingly simple! I just don't have a Switch!

Back