Software reset glitch discovered in Ver. 1.2.0 of Smash Ultimate

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Heyo everybody! Samster here, with some news for any Smash Ultimate players out there (which I’m sure are a lot of you).

Version 1.2.0 of the game recently launched, and a Reddit user has already found an unstable glitch. So apparently, if you play a game of catch with Isabelle and Villager in Smash mode with another player, the game will immediately crash, sending you back to the HOME Menu. .-.

I honestly don’t know how this is a glitch, but just be wary everyone. Here’s a video showing the glitch in action:

I'd say the title is pretty misleading .-. It's just a crash... it's not exactly "game breaking" it just closes your game without any (from what I can tell) long-lasting effects.

From what I can tell it could possibly be an error in handling multipliers when it comes to pockets and slingshots. Or possibly an overflow in an integer that isn't capable of handling over 4 bytes or something. A normal state overflow would be unusual unless there's a huge memory leak which is incredibly specific or a segmentation fault. since this only requires 3 passes to crash. It being consistent though points to something like that happening.

Again, not "game breaking", just causes a crash which you can incredibly easily recover from, perhaps with a bit of frustration over crashing mid-match maybe if you somehow end up getting those specific conditions correct.

Reactions: Samster
Back