AC:NL Sold cartridge, should I buy the download?

• Thread starter Viking
  • Start date
Viking

Viking

Gallifreyan Attorney
Towns Folk
So, I sold my physical copy of the game today and I'll send it away in a few hours. I sold it quite expensivelly, thinking that if I actually got it sold, I'd transfer my save to the download version of the game. It was a nice plan, but now that I actually got it sold, I realise I hardly ever even play the game.
I really have alot of stuff in it though, an almost-complete house well filled with every Nintendo item and other stuff, and it'd suck to loose it all. Would anyone here be so kind to argue about either getting or not getting the download version, and make a compelling case of it?
Thanks in advance.

I would get the download version, because I really wouldn't want all that time to go to waste. You also seem to have lots of exclusive items and I REALLY wouldn't want to lose those. It really doesn't hurt getting the download since its just on the SD card.
The only reason I would tell you not to get it is if you were low on money or something.

I would get the download version, because I really wouldn't want all that time to go to waste. You also seem to have lots of exclusive items and I REALLY wouldn't want to lose those. It really doesn't hurt getting the download since its just on the SD card.
The only reason I would tell you not to get it is if you were low on money or something.
Not low on money, but I do doubt I'll get into playing the game again. So I gave all the items I could (Game Coin items and the complete Golden Set) away, so I'm not getting the download version. And the time isn't really wasted as I bought the game for less than I sold it for, and I've had 56 great hours playing it.

Well I guess if you're never gonna play it again, don't buy it. I usually leave my games for a few months when I get bored of them and play them later. But if you're never gonna play it again, I guess I wouldn't buy it.

-yeah. I think I already kinda had made up my mind when I made this thread, but it's no fun just loosing all the progress, so I just needed to discuss the options a little. Thanks for that!

Reactions: Acemaster
Why did you sell your cartridge? I wont do such a thing even if I dont play the game anymore. Well, ACNL is a very good game so you should buy the download version now that u sold your physical cartridge.

Reactions: KJ
Why did you sell your cartridge? I wont do such a thing even if I dont play the game anymore. Well, ACNL is a very good game so you should buy the download version now that u sold your physical cartridge.
It's a nice game, but I didn't play it at all, and I actually earned roughtly 12 US dollars all in all.
Now that I have sent the cartridge away, I also have no need to download the game as I've lost my save. Downloading and not having motivation to play it anymore, and not even have a save file, is quite stupid IMO. But this is the only Animal Crossing game I've sold, but that's only because I earned money for selling it.

When looking into this , I would say don't buy the digital downloadable version from the Nintendo eShop . If you didn't really play it at all much then it is ok in my opinion . I would say that Animal Crossing is a very great game but everyone has their different play styles so it is ok in my opinion .

When looking into this , I would say don't buy the digital downloadable version from the Nintendo eShop . If you didn't really play it at all much then it is ok in my opinion . I would say that Animal Crossing is a very great game but everyone has their different play styles so it is ok in my opinion .
Yeah. It is my kind of game (Or I wouldn't have bought all of them), but you can't play it forever. When the house is finished, for example, you loose a goal, and you onli play every once in a while.
Also, there's no need for this thread any more, as I've already sold the game, so if a mod sees this you can lock the thread (I don't seem to be able to do it myself)

Thanks for all the opinions, everybody!

for anyone out there-PLEASE, if the game card is out there, DON'T BUY THE DIGITAL VERSION! If your system crashed, broke, or just died, then you could lose the digital copy. Also, you can't sell the digital, but you can always sell the game card if you don't like it or don't play it anymore.

for anyone out there-PLEASE, if the game card is out there, DON'T BUY THE DIGITAL VERSION! If your system crashed, broke, or just died, then you could lose the digital copy. Also, you can't sell the digital, but you can always sell the game card if you don't like it or don't play it anymore.
I actually prefer the games on digital, because it's so simple and I don't need to switch cartridge (Very easy to do so, but it's even easier to just switch game on the console). Also, the game is tied to your eshop account, meaning the games aren't actually lost (But the save files are, unless you back them up). For the consern about selling, it depends on what kind of game it is. I probably won't sell my Omega Ruby, and should have gotten that on digital (I didn't, and instead got A Link Between Worlds for free for it), although I would have regretted getting Epic Mickey on digital instead of on cartridge.
I have Majora's Mask on my console via it being the Limited Majoras Mask Edition, and I don't really like MM, so that's a shame, but as I said, nothing bad about digital games, just consider what you get (simplicity, maybe cheaper) and what you loose (second hand value and possibly more expensive)

Back