Solgaleo Lunala Black Edition New 3DS XL

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The Solgaleo Lunala Black Edition New 3DS XL looks nice with its sleek black design. It features the Pokemon Sun and Moon legendary Pokemon on its back cover. Opened up, it looks like a regular 3DS XL ><

lv6asHp.jpg

What are your thoughts about the design? :D

I hate that Nintendo never got creative with the inner portion of their special 3DS models but I like this one quite a bit (got it when it came out).

In 2013 they released two different special editions for Pokemon X/Y and frankly those looked better, but this is still pretty nice.

I think it looks blank? I prefer the Galaxy one, it looked more interesting to me.

I don't really like designs that can't be looked at from both side? When someone looks at it while you are using it, it looks weird.

Reactions: ChewyPucc, Livada, 18 and 1 other person
It looks a bit dissalingned. Lunala's wing looks cut off and there is a lot of space to the left of Solgaleo. Apart from that, I think it looks quite neat. I don't really like it when there is artwork on the inside of a console (looks kinda distracting.)

I wonder if it will come in different colours?

I don't really like designs that can't be looked at from both side? When someone looks at it while you are using it, it looks weird.
This exactly. No idea why Nintendo keeps printing upside down on Old 3DS (XL or not) and New 3DS XL while still printing upside up on 2DS and New 3DS.
Even on Amazon's page they had to use an upside down image so that the design doesn't look ridiculous, but then the whole thing does.
919tUOxkZZL._SX522_.jpg

That's why I bought the Fates edition even though I don't like Fire Emblem (never played it), because the design doesn't look weird upside down (plus the fact I like white a lot better than Black).

Also yeah, I agree it looks blank. Seems like they wanted a design and couldn't think of anything else than drawing the two legendaries and didn't come up with a better way to do it than just drawing them. They could have done a bicolor 3DS, with Solgaleo in black outline on a white half and Lunala in white outline on a black half, but nope. Just a drawing with Tipp-Ex on a Black N3DSXL... and upside down.

Although I prefer black colored stuff over anything else I think this one lacks creativity and colors. They could'e put some orange and purple colors just like they did on the box. But instead they said nope and just painted it black >.>
I was also kinda hyped for this but after some searching I was disappointed to see that it doesn't come with pre-installed games.

Back