Some Amiibos might be discontinued, in only some places

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
The rumor of Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Marth being discontinued may be true or false depending on where you live.

A Canadian retailer stated that he called up for these 3 figures for more stock and Nintendo of America said they were being discontinued.

The same happened in Europe, but Nintendo of Europe (I think that's what's it's called.... Correct me if I'm wrong *winks at @PersonSP and @Alex ) said they were going to replace the stock as soon as they could.

If they are being discontinued, Amiibos are not region locked so they can still be purchases from other countries.

Well, there's that! Tell me what you think!

I heard about this as well. In Australia apparently are amiibos come in "waves" which means we have a selection of amiibos we can buy for a week and once they are gone we must wait. wave 2 comes along with different amiibos another week and then third week the leftover amiibos. depending on stock will depend if Australia get more shipped over to re start the wave cycle.

Correction: They won't be discontinued, it's just that due to new waves, it'll take longer for already existing amiibos to be re-stocked in most of the markets. Because of shelves space.
But in any case, they aren't discontinued, and this was clearly some kind of hoax made by some website.

Reactions: Eevee and Mikaya
I am not sure if that will happen where i am ( I think i have waves also) The first one is Mario, Link, Pikachu, and DK.

But I plan on getting those ones they say are "discontinued" first because i want to be able to get em before they actually are.

Back