Someone explain monster hunter

• Thread starter BlazingPhoenix
  • Start date
B

BlazingPhoenix

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Hey, I don't own any monster hunter games, but I've heard really good things about 4 from reviews and my art teacher (yes my art teacher). Can anyone (or everyone knowing threads like these) tell me the overall structure of a MH game, it would be much appreciated. Sincerely me.

Reactions: Troy21
The basics of Monster Munter is choose a weapon and go kill monsters to make new weapons and armor, alone or with friends or with random people it's up to you. There is more but that's a quick simple explanation.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
Hunt monsters to make weapons and new armor. There's different types or armor you can make. Some or good if you have better monsters and vice versa.

TBH I'm waiting for someone to post an extensively long post on what Monster Hunter is like/about. XD

Well, most of it will be useless as we pretty much sumed up MH lol

TBH I'm waiting for someone to post an extensively long post on what Monster Hunter is like/about. XD
All of us are too sarcastic for that lol

Look at some YouTube videos if you're interested.

Well, there is a topic about "why do people like MH" here http://forum.3dspedia.com/threads/why-do-people-like-monster-hunter.25805/#post-346671
It doesn't say "what is MH" exactly but it can help too.

And what is Monster Hunter ? Well, for once, it's a game that is exactly described with it's title. You hunt monsters. And you can use different weapons, you're not limited to a class you choose at the beginning of the game (I hate when games do that).

Be aware that the game is quite complicated and hard, and not really friendly to new players. The fact that you play on a tiny screen makes it even harder because most of the time you won't even see what you're doing.

I'm still waiting for a new MH game on Wii U ;___;

Be aware that the game is quite complicated and hard, and not really friendly to new players. The fact that you play on a tiny screen makes it even harder because most of the time you won't even see what you're doing.

I'm still waiting for a new MH game on Wii U ;___;
Don't get your hopes up :/

The game quite expertly dashes your hopes, dreams, and aspirations to the ground. The monsters are quite skilled at ripping you to tiny ity, bity shreds.

The game quite expertly dashes your hopes, dreams, and aspirations to the ground. The monsters are quite skilled at ripping you to tiny ity, bity shreds.
The "last" ones yeah. Like a lvl 126+ Guild Quest with 2 Rajang, including an Apex one of course. Well yeah, please come with a gunner armor to die quicker.

But the "first" ones nope. You almost feel like they are waiting for you to hit and only hit you once every 5 minutes to remind you that you have to keep hitting.

Wait, so zelda rpg or xenoblade rpg, cause either way I could play the crap out of any rpg, noob or not. Any who, what consoles are 1-3 on? I'm assuming not wii, cause i think i would have heard of it, to be honest i haven't heard anything about this series aside from 4 because I use gameFAQs and 4 has the highest rating for any 3ds game, but ill check that link

Wait, so zelda rpg or xenoblade rpg, cause either way I could play the crap out of any rpg, noob or not. Any who, what consoles are 1-3 on? I'm assuming not wii, cause i think i would have heard of it, to be honest i haven't heard anything about this series aside from 4 because I use gameFAQs and 4 has the highest rating for any 3ds game, but ill check that link
1 and 2 were PS2. Freedom, Freedom 2, Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd were PSP. 3 was Wii. 3U was 3DS/Wii U. 4 was 3DS, 4U was 3DS. X is 3DS.

And Zelda is far easier than MH imo, don't know about Xenoblade, though. However, MH isn't an RPG, so comparing the difficulty to RPGs probably isn't the way to go.

So i can buy 1 and 2 for ps2, 3u for 3ds, and 4u for 3ds, and maybe x, thanks!

I would get 4U first if I were you.

I would get 4U first if I were you.
I wouldn't actually :D

Because of features like Item Sets that only appear in 4U, you can't start with 4U then play a previous iteration. It's not the best feature of all times but you feel it when it's missing.

But yeah, I don't really see the point in not getting 4U. It's probably the one that is currently played by most people so you can get online halls pretty easily. And I heard it's the most new-player-friendly but I can't tell since I hardly played the other ones.

I wouldn't actually :D

Because of features like Item Sets that only appear in 4U, you can't start with 4U then play a previous iteration. It's not the best feature of all times but you feel it when it's missing.

But yeah, I don't really see the point in not getting 4U. It's probably the one that is currently played by most people so you can get online halls pretty easily. And I heard it's the most new-player-friendly but I can't tell since I hardly played the other ones.
But without online, he may get frustrated since we can't help him much and might stop playing.

But without online, he may get frustrated since we can't help him much and might stop playing.
True story, that's why I agreed that he should get 4U... but not 4U first then others, just 4U :p

True story, that's why I agreed that he should get 4U... but not 4U first then others, just 4U :p
Oh, I misunderstood :p

It's really simple, the overall basics is you have a variety of weapons to choose from, to be exact you have 11 blademaster weapons and 3 gunner weapons, and by this i mean the groups. Each of those groups have tons of different weapons in them, as well as each weapon can be upgraded pretty high. The strongest weapons are of rarity 10, meaning the materials you are required to obtain are going to be pretty hard to get unless you are lucky. The overall structure is grab a weapon from 1 of the 14 groups, grab some armor(all of these in the game are made by you) and go out and fight monsters to complete certain goals. The main goal is to just have a blast. The game is split into different parts, such as the moment you complete part 1/2 in story mode, you get part 2/2 slammed onto your dinner plate. 1/2 is defeating shagaru magala, 2/2 is defeating that rusted kushala doara. Then there are still even MORE parts! If you undertake all low rank caravan(solo)quests, you unlock another part, as well as there is another completely separate part of the game that you can do in solo and/or online with other players. Online, you make a room with the desired monster lister, and wait until you have the desired amount of hunters in a room. 4 players max per room, but it can be less than that. In order to get rich, have the best armor, and the sickest weapons, i would recommend completing part 1/2 caravan(solo) then going online and completing all the required quests in order to rank up.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
Back