Something No one Else Probably Agrees With

• Thread starter Jeff The Killer
  • Start date
Jeff The Killer

Jeff The Killer

Go. To. Sleep!
Towns Folk
I personally can't stand what Sonic Boom did to the characters. No one seems like them selves and their design looks weird.

I'm honestly okay with Sonic though his spikes are a bit bothersome, I'm not used to them looking so small nor am I used to his arms being blue.

I don't really tell if Tails changed, he seems about the same.

But the one that is the worst is Knuckles! I can't stand what they did to him!

He went from looking like this
sa-knuckles-01.jpg

To this
242px-20140724235703%21Sonic_Boom_Knuckles_2.png

He's so big and he doesn't fit with the others visually. His spiked gloves implied he fights and is strong this doesn't really explain anything other than he is big. Not to mention he's kinda stupid now. He isn't like the old Knuckles, I liked the old because he was bit of a loner and acted on his own, try he was gullible but doesn't mean he was stupid.

This new Knuckles is just a nightmare. I'm sorry to those who like this new one but I hate him!

I'm not really a fan of their designs either. Sega just wanted to try something new out I guess. Making them a little grown up, but it doesn't really suit any of the characters. xP

Knuckles does look pretty silly there. :eek:

I'm pretty sure 90% of the internet hates the designs. SEGA seems to really (in an unhealthy way) like bandages, long legs and weird proportions... :'D

Reactions: 3905
Dude have you SEEN the rage this game had? About 60 percent of the complaints were about the new designs. The other 40% are from people who actually expected this game to be good....and because of the designs.

Reactions: 3905
The general consensus is that Sega doesn't know what they--or what they want Sonic to be anymore. A person on YouTube said they often visualized Sonic being strapped to an operating table with syringes and tubes stuck in him from Sega's various "experimenting" with him. They seem to have lost their way over the years, trying to please everyone but, in the end, pleasing no one.

I think most of the people I've talked to agree that Sega needs to take a step back, give Sonic the well-deserved break he needs and focus on their other game series. I'm still waiting to see the like of Jet Set Radio 3, a Phantasy Star reboot or something with their other various IPs but I doubt it with the way most game companies seem to handle their fanbase wishes these days. :banghead:

I agree with everything! It's soo annoying i thought sonic boom was gonna be like the game or the older show's that i remember watching but when it came out ,_, rip ,_, atleast they didn't make the sonic from smash 4 like it >,<

I do not really like the new designs. They made a tv show with the new sonic design which I think is cool but the game with these characters is not good. I think that Sega did a bad decision in changing how sonic looks. I was so used to the other sonic characters from before. I hope sega doesnt do something much worse than this.

No one really liked the redesigns as far as I remember. The backlash was immense. I can understand, every mascot gets an update every once in a while, usually for graphical upgrades. But I do think it might've been better for continuity's sake to keep the design the same when possible. Well, they annoyed a lot of fans with this, so I guess it'll be up to them whether or not to learn from their mistake.

...As if this was the worst they can do. If blue arms wasn't bad enough, if more humanlike proportions wasn't enough, we later god the horrendous Sonic movie redesign which made him look even worse. They had to remake the whole film for that after the backlash, which costed them millions, so I would imagine they've learnt their lesson by now. Maybe they won't act so impetuously in the future. Sonic is a mascot, not something they can change whenever they feel like it.

Back