Sonic Advance 3

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hey everyone,P2 here! :3 So tonight,I'm gonna tell you guys about my experience with one my first GBA games:Sonic Advance 3!!! :D (And yes,I skipped right to two and three,lol.I was gonna get one,but they didn't have it in. :( ) Anyhoo,to anyone who didn't play it,Sonic Advance 3's gameplay was pretty much like Sonic Advance 2,except for a couple of things:One,you didn't really need rings to increase your speed,and two:You get to have a partner to follow alongside you.It was pretty fun,and collecting the Chaos Emeralds were challenging.You see,you had find 10 Chao across the three acts in each world.Once you get them,THEN you had to go back through a level,and collect a key,that unlocked a huge spring hidden the lobby of that world.Once you do,you had collect a certain amount of rings for two stages of the Special Stage to get the Chaos Emerald.Fun times... (More like stressful. :hilarious: )

And in addition to having a partner follow you,they let you do certain skills depending on who you took.With Tails,you could use him to fly you up places,or catapult you high in the air (Much like Amy) With Knuckles,you could do powerful moves and bust through impenetrable walls for secrets! With Cream,you could take her Chao,Cheese,and command him for a short time.Yes,Sonic Advance 3 was,to me,a real exciting game. :)

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
I didn't play Sonic Advance 3, but I played Sonic Advance 2 and I thought it was pretty fun since it was a simple Sonic platformer with extra character options. Sonic Advance 3 sounds like a lot of fun from your experience, I'll try it out someday...

Reactions: P2.0
Cool story :thumbsup:
I've never really played any other Sonic games other than Sonic : Triple Trouble :p It was a fun game though since I really liked the puzzles and the challenging worlds . But in the end I never got to fully beat it since I didn't get all the Chaos Emeralds ._. I remember my face when the game told me that ...

@np2016 :Oh,SA2 was another game I played! Good stuff,that one.I remember trying to find all those special rings too.My fingers were so cramped,lol. :hilarious: But hey,if you ever do get it,hope you have a fun time! :D.

@Eridan :I remember trying to play it on GameCube when it was unlocked on Sonic Adventure DX.It.Was.Impossible. XD I never even got to the end like you did,let alone even THOUGHT about getting the Chaos Emeralds! I applaud you for going through it,lol.

Reactions: 3905 and 2071
I have been playing that game before about a year back before school started. The level designs were awesome (Cyberspace!!!), the replayability of each stage to get every Chao just makes you wan to memorize the map and every path possible. The character combinations were helpful like the super jump. The music was decent and gave that Sonic vibe (introducing the best remix of Green Hill Zone). The standing on a biplane gathering rings sections weren't that hard. Not to mention I believe it has a multiplayer mode (haven't tried it before) for 4 cartridges or 1 cartridge too. I also like how all the characters were recognizable from Sonic X like Emerl and I believe Chaos. The sprites looked awesome too so no complaining from me.

@Artisan :Ikr? I loved the soundtracks from the game! And the remix of Green Hill Zone was just extraordinary! :D Y'know,I didn't know about Emerl before my younger brother had gotten Sonic Battle.After I watched him play it,and then play SA3 with him (I had another cartridge of it.Multiplayer is awesome!! ),I was so shocked! :eek:

I never played sonic advanced 3, I was more Nintendo oriented when I was younger, but when I got older I did play the original sonic the hedgehog game. I really liked and want to play more of them. I looks like a great game to play.

@lemonpoppymuffin :Yeah,I was the same way when I was younger.If it wasn't Mario or Zelda,then it's a big no,lol. :p But after awhile,when our big cousin showed us his games when we came over,we started to branch out and timidly try other games. ^-^ It was a big change for us,but a good one! I'm glad you got to look at SA3! :)

I think I played that game when I was younger on my cousin's Game Boy. I'm not so sure if it was that game and I also don't know if there were others. Anyways, it was an OK game for me. I really wasn't that hot on any Sonic game back then. However, I did get to play the originals, and they were great, especially the second one. Had some nice music.

@Derp: Have to agree with you there, I kinda favored the second Sonic too. Before we found put about Debug Mode, you had better believe I was going over so many levels trying to finish with the right amount of rings to access the Special Zones with my brothers. :p Then one day, after about two hours... Super Sonic!!!! :D

Reactions: Derp
I really enjoyed having a partner and using their abilities to reach new places. It was funny to match up Sonic and Knuckles because they're both rivals. I liked the in-game music as well, the Green Hill Zone remix was amazing. The fact that the music changed slightly if you were in a different level in one zone was a nice touch. I never could find all the Chao's though, those cheeky little cuties. :D

Reactions: P2.0 and Artisan
@Mikaya :Ikr? The pairing was pretty cool to me. It helped me decide which duo would help the most in each level! Even though Sonic and Cream didn't have a cool name, I think that pairing was good one. :3 Ugh, and don't get started on Chao hunting! :hilarious: All those days trying to find them was just torture on my soul! :p

Reactions: Mikaya
Hey everyone,P2 here! :3 So tonight,I'm gonna tell you guys about my experience with one my first GBA games:Sonic Advance 3!!! :D (And yes,I skipped right to two and three,lol.I was gonna get one,but they didn't have it in. :( ) Anyhoo,to anyone who didn't play it,Sonic Advance 3's gameplay was pretty much like Sonic Advance 2,except for a couple of things:One,you didn't really need rings to increase your speed,and two:You get to have a partner to follow alongside you.It was pretty fun,and collecting the Chaos Emeralds were challenging.You see,you had find 10 Chao across the three acts in each world.Once you get them,THEN you had to go back through a level,and collect a key,that unlocked a huge spring hidden the lobby of that world.Once you do,you had collect a certain amount of rings for two stages of the Special Stage to get the Chaos Emerald.Fun times... (More like stressful. :hilarious: )

And in addition to having a partner follow you,they let you do certain skills depending on who you took.With Tails,you could use him to fly you up places,or catapult you high in the air (Much like Amy) With Knuckles,you could do powerful moves and bust through impenetrable walls for secrets! With Cream,you could take her Chao,Cheese,and command him for a short time.Yes,Sonic Advance 3 was,to me,a real exciting game. :)
the games sound like fun! Only wish I had a GBA to play them on ;-;

I had owned this game along with the first Sonic Advance game. And just like the first one I haven't completed the game. Although, didn't you have to save the character first in order to use them in the first place or am I thinking of Sonic Advance 2? I must say, the game was fun.

Back