Sonic got a redesign (Movie)

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk

Uploaded 3 hours ago, the new Sonic trailer is looking amazing. This better be the final product in my opinion... I think I beat @Marc in this...

What do you think of the new design? Do you think this should be the final design? Any other thoughts?

Looks a lot like classic Sonic. Lookin good.

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku
It doesn't look bad but I would rather watch Detective Pikachu over a Sonic movie any given day.

i think all of this was a marketing campaing

• Funny
i think all of this was a marketing campaing
That is a plausible idea

The idea that it's a marketing campaign seems less and less plausible imo. This was actually a redesign. If you put the trailers side by side, it wasn't just the model that changed. A lot more was improved as well.

This also explains why the new design is a lot better. This guy worked on Sonic Mania.

The cost of this would have been in the millions as well btw. Iirc the estimated figure is around $35 million additional. Not to mention the cost of time and stress that would have been thrown at the staff during what would have been an insane time of crunch.

• Informative
The idea that it's a marketing campaign seems less and less plausible imo. This was actually a redesign. If you put the trailers side by side, it wasn't just the model that changed. A lot more was improved as well.

This also explains why the new design is a lot better. This guy worked on Sonic Mania.

The cost of this would have been in the millions as well btw. Iirc the estimated figure is around $35 million additional. Not to mention the cost of time and stress that would have been thrown at the staff during what would have been an insane time of crunch.
You are right 100%, the idea of it being plausible was my creative juices flowing... ooh tabloids

That's a lot better than the first esign. My friend said he wanted to take me to see it now that Sonic got redesigned.

Looks the same to me

• Funny
Back