• Thread starter Ago
  • Start date

Who do you like better, Mario or Sonic?

• Total voters
Ago

Ago

Cool Kid
Towns Folk
Personally I like Sonic better. Sonic is just more creative to me in some way. Who would come up with a blue hedgehog? Or normal cute animals that turn into deadly bugs? Don't get me wrong Mario is amazing too. The newer mario games are also good. Such as Mario Kart 7 and 8 or Super Mario 3D Land or Super Mario Bros. 2 or whatever. In my opinion Nintendo should come out with more Sonic games. They could also do alot better if they made a Mario or Sonic game with 8 bit graphics or combined both the original games. The old Sonic games just seem a little more fun.

Well but there are way more Mario games. Idk I have never really played a Sonic game. Maybe in the future there will be a game with both caracters. The new produced Mario games are more fun than the old Sonic games I think.

This is a Nintendo forum. Who do you think will win this one?

P.S. Mario

Reactions: Blue Knight and Mikaya
I think sonic would win, but I'm not sure. I mean, sonic is faster, while Mario is stronger. Actually, Mario would probably win. Opinion wise though, I like Mario. Sonic rocks, but Mario is my favorite. Mainly because I grew up playing Mario, and recently started playing Sonic. Mario is more of a classic too. He kind of started the gaming system. Ya know?

Mario, because there is much more to explore in levels, they seem to be more in-depth and get you to think a little, as opposed to Sonic games, you just rush through to the end with fast speed, it seems there's not really much to it. xD

Mario is obviously more widely popular than Sonic. I feel that I get bored/lose interest in sonic titles after a short while.

I'll say Mario because he and the entire Mushroom Kingdom characters are really awesome and I've always liked it. Not that I don't like Sonic, but Mario does have some really great games and perhaps there's not some good games for Sonic, as yet ( Sonic Boom xP [technically I haven't played it myself but I heard lots of bad things about it :p] )

So Mario it is! :3

Reactions: Blue Knight, Mikaya and TheSpiritedWarrior
Mario, there is simply nothing to think about when it comes to sonic. Over the years, sonic has really sucked while Mario games are amazing, you can't compare the 2, Mario is just way too much better than sonic is, it is a personal opinion but Sonic is just something that you can not compare to Mario, Mario games are just simply much better, but keep in mind this is a personal opinion.

Reactions: Mikaya
Mario, because there are many many different kinds of mario games. Mario Kart, Mario Party, Super Mario Bros, etc. etc. etc.
And besides, the sonic fandom is a very very scary part of the internet that no man should venture without backup. I don't understand the appeal behind it, honestly. Even when I was little. I enjoyed like one of his games when I was like 4-5 years old? But I dislike his character in general.

Well but there are way more Mario games. Idk I have never really played a Sonic game. Maybe in the future there will be a game with both caracters. The new produced Mario games are more fun than the old Sonic games I think.

What about the, "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" (I love saying that even though it takes too long to say :p) series?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think these are all of them:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games for DS
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games for Wii
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games for DS
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games for Wii
Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for Wii
Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for 3DS
Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Sonic has charisma. But in terms of who's games I would play more, I have to give it to my main man Mario. The one thing that gets me about Sonic is his face-pasted gameplay, especially when it's about moving right to get to the goal. When it comes to that, it seems like a game you can enjoy when you know the level and the enemy placement. Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal in my opinion is better than Generations. Meanwhile Mario has the fun platforming while I'm not going a hundred MPH and crashing into enemies before I have a chance to react.

To start my little argument with a side-note,I did grow up with both characters in my childhood,but recently,Sonic games have been more of a side-note for me,so Mario it is!
Other than being the start for many people like me for games,Mario never really seemed to have a truly terrible game release on a Nintendo system,and even if some few would be considered average or a bit lesser,they still have their moments of fun and charisma that only Mario and his crew can offer,in between varieties like platformers,racing,sports,RPGs,puzzles,party and even dancing! :p
It's not that I dislike Sonic in today's recent age.In fact,I think he's up there with Mario in terms of 2D platforming and music for a grand majority of the time,and he still does have a place from my early game days,but I only played somewhere around 10 games of his,while I played a whole lot more from the mustached rival,and I just like the other one a bit better than the blue hedgehog.

This is hard...I like both equally, but if I had to choose I would go with Mario. Only because I love Nintendo a lot and I feel bad that Sonic hasn't been getting a lot of good games. I know Sonic Unleashed was probably a winning point but Sonic Boom wasn't (to me at least) the greatest.

Personally I like Sonic better. Sonic is just more creative to me in some way. Who would come up with a blue hedgehog? Or normal cute animals that turn into deadly bugs? Don't get me wrong Mario is amazing too. The newer mario games are also good. Such as Mario Kart 7 and 8 or Super Mario 3D Land or Super Mario Bros. 2 or whatever. In my opinion Nintendo should come out with more Sonic games. They could also do alot better if they made a Mario or Sonic game with 8 bit graphics or combined both the original games. The old Sonic games just seem a little more fun.
first of all the only people who like sonic are little weird kids that think going fast is cool (running with arms behind their back) and sonics voice is so annoying he sounds like a scumbag and he makes me cringe so hard that when i hear him i take a shot of bleach every time i hear him. On the other hand mario is awsome.The End

Mario, hands down.

From a game list-to quality ratio, Mario's games utterly trash Sonic's, Mario is much more varied without losing it's magic touch, while pretty much Sonic does lately that's not a retro compilation generally sucks

I've spent nineteen of my years on both. And looking back on my time with Mario, I don't regret a second of it.

But sonic was really good at first, then it went down hill post & Knuckles. those years I spent, I cannot get back.

I'd have to say Mario outta personal preference, although he was the first in a lot of things; among the two Mario's had the first...
  • Kart game, (Super Mario Kart>Sonic R)
  • Party game, (Mario Party>Sonic Shuffle)
  • Sport game, (Mario Tennis & Mario Golf>a technicality on a dreamcast tennis game.)
It just feels to me like Sonic's just trying to outdo what Mario's been doing for years.

I'd say Mario because unlike Sonic he was actually able to survive the jump to 3d rather than just producing a stream of bad 3d games.

I'm not sure if it was a good idea to post this topic on a Nintendo forum. You know good and well - and your poll results support that - 90% of people on this site are going to vote for Mario, as, if you weren't a Nintendo fan in the first place, why would you be using this site? Not to disregard your poll or anything, as it is actually quite interesting to see how people respond to these questions.

Back