Soundtracks

• Thread starter nicklesimba
  • Start date
nicklesimba

nicklesimba

New Kid from Dreamland
Towns Folk
Time after time, Club Nintendo of Japan has gotten better rewards than those of the west. And my attitude towards this was "we should be thankful we get anything at all" but looking at the Kirby OST Japan got, it makes me a bit mad. I mean, if I was able to purchase the soundtrack to Triple Deluxe or ALBW, I would be all over them... In fact the Zelda Orchestra CD single-handedly convinced me to buy Skyward Sword over Mario Galaxy 2.

So anyway: interesting question of the day! If you could have own one gaming OST, what would it be?

I'd like the soundtrack for Kid Icarus: Uprising. I felt that the music really meshed well with the levels and made the whole game a lot better. I sometimes just left my 3DS on the title screen to listen to the main theme. I would also like a copy of the Ocarina of Time soundtrack because I liked the Ocarina melodies as well as some of the background music (Lost Woods).

Reactions: nicklesimba
I am quite a video game OST enthusiast - though I've been collecting the illegal ones. If I could grab one, it would be Shin Megami Tensei IV OST. It costs ¥4000 (approx. $40), containing 4 CDs, with commentary for each piece, some illustrations, and stuff.
IMO, it was the best game OST for last year (but released on February 26th, 2014).

Reactions: nicklesimba
I'd like the soundtrack for Kid Icarus: Uprising. I felt that the music really meshed well with the levels and made the whole game a lot better. I sometimes just left my 3DS on the title screen to listen to the main theme. I would also like a copy of the Ocarina of Time soundtrack because I liked the Ocarina melodies as well as some of the background music (Lost Woods).
The KI:U already has a Sound/Music room like in the Smash titles. Perhaps I'd go with a full OST of DKC2 because the SNES game has some great music just like the other games in the series.

The KI:U already has a Sound/Music room like in the Smash titles. Perhaps I'd go with a full OST of DKC2 because the SNES game has some great music just like the other games in the series.
Does the sound test work when the 3ds is on sleep? I know that works in dream team.

Does the sound test work when the 3ds is on sleep? I know that works in dream team.
Nope. I even tried before.

Kid Icarus does have a music room, but it would be nice if we could have to full OST on CD so that we can listen to it more often. Truth to be told, most OSTs can usually be found on Youtube in reasonable quality. I don't buy get music of any kind because it's already on Youtube for free if I want to listen to it. Only obscure games probably don't have their soundtracks on Youtube by now.

If I could get just one(I hope it's on if it's not a Nintendo game) I would get the Skyrim soundtrack. I would get it because the soundtrack for Skyrim is one of the most uplifting and breathtaking soundtracks I've ever heard in a single game. The soundtrack is one of the few things that made me feel really happy, and when you die or you're in a tomb fighting the undead, really creepy and low. Here's the Skyrim theme song played on a keyboard:

Well, if I had to choose a Nintendo Game OST, that would either be Zelda Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask.
The former has what can be called art (the later too), and the music is just splendid, while the other, also being art and great, has stressful soundtracks, and kinda sad music too (former: Ikana Valley, damn, I hated that place, later: The Final Hours).

Back