• Thread starter CheeseFlavouredCake
  • Start date

Do you like public speaking?

• Total voters
CheeseFlavouredCake

CheeseFlavouredCake

m e m e s
Towns Folk
Anyone got any tips on how to remember speeches? We're doing them in my English class and they're due at the end of the week. And I am hopeless at memorizing things. So any tips are welcome. Thanks!

Are you allowed to use notecards? If so then just write your main ideas on the notecard and then just quickly glance at those to refresh yourself while speaking and speak on that subject. Much more effective than memorizing the speech on your own ;)

^If you can't use notecards, write it on your hand, nobody will notice :p

But really, when you try to memorize a speech, don't try and say it word for word, it'll make things harder for you. Try to divide it into sections that you can remember (first, second, third, etc.) and speak like you really mean it. Also, try to best as knowledgeable as you can of your subject.

Thanks for the responses, I think I'm allowed to use speech notes, thanksss!!!

Last year we had to do several speeches for English class, and we would always have to have them within a certain time limit (4:30-6:00) or we would be docked points. We were required to have an outline of our speech for the teacher and were were also allowed to use our outline during our speech. What I (and I believe basically everyone else) would do is memorize my speech basically word for word and rehearse it enough to make sure it was in the time limit. Then I would just use the outline to remind myself during my speech the order of the topics, but I'd have everything I planned to say about each topic memorized.

Reactions: 423 and CheeseFlavouredCake
Back