Spirit mode and world of light

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Dang, that direct was dope.
Anyway, it looks like spirit mode is a awesome expanded event mode, where the events are based on characters from all over the place, and you can collect them to strengthen yourself. But before that, it looks like there is a story mode with bosses and such where you have to save the roster from the spirits possessing them and fight back against the force that made them spirits in the first place.
That starting cutscene was amazing though.

I know right?! The main theme even has lyrics. Its sick, but I was kinda expecting more fighters. Oh well, Ken and Incinerator look dope, and I guess that means that Sakurai's creation wasn't fully spoiled (excluding Ken) by the Grinch Leak.

sakurai: we are going to show you spirit mode
I: awww, im so dissa...
sakurai: now we are going to show you the adventure mode
I :

i liked everithing in the direct (except piranha plant, ¿why they decided to make a generic enemy enter in smash?) and this adventure mode was the thing gat got me most hyped, it seems to be like a RPG

Reactions: Duffy and EnderLord
So Spirits mode and World of Light are partly Adventure mode, eh? I think collecting gaming characters (like Tails and Chibi Robo among others), training them and having them powering up the fighters are pretty neat! So far the details on these modes looks pretty interesting, alright.

HOLY CRAP! That direct was so hype omg I LOVED THAT THEME in World of Light, and the whole single player concept was so epic! I'm so glad we got a nice single player just like in Brawl!

They merge so many things together that it feels like it's its own thing. The Challenges layout is like in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, the spirit training and collecting money thing is like Gen 7 Pokémon and freemium games and the World of Light is like Cuphead/Donkey Kong Country any RPG because you need to unlock certain spirits to progress. It's now a fighting/strategy when it comes to using spirits and spirit fusion @Marc did you ask for this since you like SMT so much!?! And did I mention VOICE ACTING? Definitely the crossover people are looking for.

When the reveal started, I already knew what it was, and I was about to die of happiness. Then, later on, when the theme came in, I literally died of amazement. I loved the fact that there were FREAKING LYRICS IN THE SONG. It was great! Overall, I’m so hyped for the release, and this is the first thing I’ll be doing when I get the game!

i am curious about how the "skill tree" works , it seems like it was something like final fantasy X "skill board" but i wonder if it is for every character , invidual character or the spirits

the spirits itself could be fun to use, i would love if there were spirits for the assist characters and pokemon that could let you summon them at your will to help you withouth being ramdon

also if the adventure mode is too easy for me, i will put myself some extra rules

1: figther can only equip spirits from the same series,

2: rule 1 dont aplly if the francise of a spirit dont have a playable figther but have some things in common with the figther (for example, marth couldnt equip wii fit trainer, but could equip takamaru since he isnt playable and he is also a swordman)

3: making a "nuzlocke" if i use a character and that character is defeated, i wont use him again, the same apllies for the spirits

i am curious about how the "skill tree" works , it seems like it was something like final fantasy X "skill board" but i wonder if it is for every character , invidual character or the spirits

the spirits itself could be fun to use, i would love if there were spirits for the assist characters and pokemon that could let you summon them at your will to help you withouth being ramdon

also if the adventure mode is too easy for me, i will put myself some extra rules

1: figther can only equip spirits from the same series,

2: rule 1 dont aplly if the francise of a spirit dont have a playable figther but have some things in common with the figther (for example, marth couldnt equip wii fit trainer, but could equip takamaru since he isnt playable and he is also a swordman)

3: making a "nuzlocke" if i use a character and that character is defeated, i wont use him again, the same apllies for the spirits
It sounds like thier is meters telling you what your characters overall power level is and you opponents, and you get rewarded for your power being less than your opponent. So you could just use that and say 100- or less or -1000 or less or something

Back