Splatoon 2 Splatoon 2 Crossover Gear?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Splatoon 2 is already shaping up as an amazing multiplayer game, just as the first Splatoon was. But 1 thing that disappointed fans of the original game was the lack of crossover gear. Splatoon had a vast amount of weapons and clothing, all of which looked amazing and offered a lot of customization choices. So while it offered a lot of options, it still would have been fun to have gear or weapons inspired by other games.
20228656_512420152434267_6773378953799452447_n.jpg Imagine having a paintbrush designed as the Master Sword, A Blaster in the shape of the MegaBuster, or even Samus's armor giving a boost in defense and run speed. The possibilities are endless, and it could be easily done either by free DLC, or to be added by Amiibos.

Thats another thing. The original Splatoon used Amiibos in a very cool way. Unlocking special missions giving you cool gear, as well as unlocking a cool little minigame. But wouldn't it be cool to use a Link or Mario Amiibo, having you complete missions in a Mario or Zelda setting, against Mario or Zelda like enemies. Even unlocking a minigame level of Super Mario Brothers or The Legend of Zelda, but you play as an Inkling with special mechanics like shooting Ink. Again soooooo many possibilities could be done with this.

I guess only time will tell if Nintendo puts their all into this. But what do you think? What would you like to see added to Splatoon 2?

I think this would be really cool and I would buy all the DLC, but since they would not be able to make specific weapons for certain characters (I'm guessing) like a mega-man blaster I don't think it will happen. By this I mean, if they do make some sort of mega man blaster it would either be a reskin of a weapon which would be difficult because of the way the shoot and things like that, or they would make another weapon with different stats for every crossover weapon. So I think it would be really cool, but I don't think it will happen.

I'm very surprised that Nintendo hasn't done any crossover gear with other Nintendo game since Nintendo has had crossover gear in the past with coro coro comics and the squid girl anime. The only crossover type thing they did that was Nintendo related was the pokemon splatfest and miitopia splatfest last year. I'm hoping that they will in the sequel since they do a lot collaborations with companies such as mcdonalds and 7 eleven.

Although it would be nice to have gear inspired by popular Nintendo franchises, I think with Splatoon they wanted to keep it original. I think it would be out of the question to introduce other series through the use of exclusive gear because it wouldn't suit the game itself - Coro (with the manga) and Squid girl (anime series) were closely linked to Splatoon, therefore both were easily suitable. Imagine wearing Link's/megaman's outfit in a match, that would be somewhat weird! xD

Back