Splatoon 3 - 2022

• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date
Mizunil

Mizunil

Born at a young age
Towns Folk
Splatoon 3 has been confirmed at the end of the direct!

Its a short teaser trailer, but still tons of stuff to see. We got our inkling, with tons of new hairstyles, eye color & pant options. A new bow/crossbow weapon, and the squid seems to be with something that looks like the little fish in salmon run, it seems to be your pet named "Little buddy" and it has hairstyle options! I'm guessing It'll be with you only for the story mode.

Is this a new city, or an industrialized Inkopolis? Either way it looks like the technology in this world has highly advanced. The Inklings also seem to be standing on these floating boxes at the start of the battle! This game feels like it has more of a "western world" vibe.

Lastly, we have shots of some weapons. Many look new, a few are old, and some are new with old/similar skins and designs to the previous games! To quickly name each weapon/type, we saw a bow, charger, some type of range blaster (it had the orange fire skin), 2 other generic guns, one looked kinda like a Splattershot, and the Hydra Splatting. I think we even saw some type of bazooka-special.

We got tons of new content to be excited about, what are your thoughts?

Reactions: LittlegiantRobo
Somethings I like:
  • Spawning like Apex Legends/Fortnite
  • Apocalyptic motif
  • Crossbow
  • It's new

Things I don't like:
  • It definitely will require NSO
  • Most likely won't work with older game
  • Way in the future Nintendo servers won't be supported
  • It costs money (very small gripe)
  • Probably going to have DLC
What I hope for:
  • Update patch for 2
  • Same $60 price or cheaper
  • Amiibo support
That is all. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffy and Mizunil
We are finally seeing the effects of the Chaos vs Order splatfest! It looks like the world is drying up, and Inkopolis seemed a bit more crowded., definitely some interesting themes. Also noticed that the Inkzooka from Splat 1 returns too! I cant wait to see what the other specials are.

game looks awesome cant wait to use the crab ball thing

edit: based
1613606414789.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffy and Mizunil
Most likely won't work with older game
99.9% won’t, so much new content it wouldn’t much make sense if it did.

I like how different this one feels from the 1st two. Splatoon 1 and 2 both felt/looked pretty similar, but so far the feeling 3 gives off feels completely new. Super different or same, I’m excited either way

Def very excited! We have that thread about will Splatoon 3 ever happen and I can honestly say I didn't think it would happen this early. Looks like Nintendo is really treating splatoon as a big IP now. I don't blame them, it's great to see an amazing new IP supported continuously (since some of their old beloved IP's aren't... Looking at you F-Zero)

Reactions: Mizunil
This looks really cool! It looks like the story mode will probably explain how the apocalypse thing happened. And you get a little buddy!!!!! Now i’m gonna feel guilty when killing them in salmon run. And the city looks awesome. It looks like apartments might be a thing in this game.

It says 2022, so i’m guessing it’s a holiday release. The new weapons looks really cool and I think all the weapons got a redesign. The only problem I have is that the stages look like they’ve all been changed. I like the modern city vibe in the splatoon 2 stages. I hope they’re not all changed to a post-apocalypse vibe in splatoon 3.

We are finally seeing the effects of the Chaos vs Order splatfest! It looks like the world is drying up, and Inkopolis seemed a bit more crowded., definitely some interesting themes. Also noticed that the Inkzooka from Splat 1 returns too! I cant wait to see what the other specials are.

game looks awesome cant wait to use the crab ball thing

edit: based
View attachment 21538
It's not Inkopolis. It's somewhere else. Inkopolis was near the Statue of Liberty. This is near the Eiffel Tower. This place is called the Splatlands, and the city is called Splatsville. Check out the official Nintendo of America Twitter account. They have a big info thread pinned to the top.

This looks really cool! It looks like the story mode will probably explain how the apocalypse thing happened. And you get a little buddy!!!!! Now i’m gonna feel guilty when killing them in salmon run. And the city looks awesome. It looks like apartments might be a thing in this game.

It says 2022, so i’m guessing it’s a holiday release. The new weapons looks really cool and I think all the weapons got a redesign. The only problem I have is that the stages look like they’ve all been changed. I like the modern city vibe in the splatoon 2 stages. I hope they’re not all changed to a post-apocalypse vibe in splatoon 3.
Maybe it will be something other than Salmon?

Reactions: Deepak and Mizunil
It's not Inkopolis. Check out the official Nintendo of America Twitter account. They have a big info thread pinned to the top.
Thank you I had no idea about this! I've read through the thread now and it has a bunch of info. The spoiler below is only a piece of the tweet chain regarding the new location, click on it if you're interested for more info!

Reactions: LittlegiantRobo
I am so hyped up for the game. No words left. I also lost my voice from yelling.

Reactions: LittlegiantRobo and Mizunil
It looks sooo good. I love Splatoon 2 so it's definitely my most anticipated Switch game. The hookshot type looks fun and the apocalyptic setting for the single player is refreshing, especially considering the single player campaigns of Splatoon 1 and 2 were boring (Octo Expansion was nice though). It looks like Inkopolis was destroyed after Chaos won the final Splatfest, leading to immigration to Splatsville (I'm assuming from Nintendo's Twitter), so I wonder how that has to do with the single player's plot. I can't wait to see more of it.

I'm very hyped for the third game. i didn't expect a third splatoon 3 and thought we would get a spinoff of some sort. Thi8s caught me off gaurd in the best way. I'm excited on what they tease at us next. I'm very curious on all the new stuff and what the new idols could be. I hoping for male idols.

Back