Splatoon is doomed because of no voice chat support

• Thread starter JamesFox
  • Start date
For a game in which online multiplayer is so important, it's understandable.
I'm pretty sure most of them will buy it anyway. :panda: It should have had it though; for multiplayer gamers it's a big thing.

Reactions: PigMayor
http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-wont-have-any-voice-chat-support/
Read the comments on this article
Gamers are starting to plan to boycott this game all because of lack of voice chat
and sadly, that's all they care about

Game over man, Game over :(

*explodes in laughter*
This has to be the 21st century's stupidest argument for justifying the fact that they don't want to buy the game so far.
Of course, I have no interest in Splatoon, but those guys could have at least tried to be more credible.

As @Spinnerweb said, I can understand that voice chat in a game like that is important, but is it really a life or death thing?
*Epic RPG voice->on* Does their destinies really rest on that feature ? Will they ever manage to get past it ? *Voice->off*

So, I do understand why they aren't too happy about it, but, is such a thing worth boycotting a game ?

Reactions: PigMayor and Alpha Harry
Well it is very sad that the game won't have any voice chat but at least it wasn't anything worse than that , right ? I know that the game will probably will be better and more convenient with the voice chat feature but it's not like it will ruin the actual fun of the game . Many other games don't have the feature but they are still very enjoyable . Why are people this sad :panda:

I'm pretty sure most of them will buy it anyway. :panda:
^ This.

I wouldn't use the word "doomed". They'll get over it eventually and there is a lot of time between now and its release date for them to do it. I have no issue with it since I probably will never use the feature cause I'm shy ;-;

Plus I doubt voice chat would have been an option when playing against randoms. It's not rocket science to set up a TeamSpeak with a couple of buddies who you want to play online with and coordinate with them.

Last edited:
I really don't like voice chat so I prefer it like this. And if I REALLY wanted to I could still set something up with friends so it's not a big deal. Though think there should be some way to communicate, maybe just telling someone to go somewhere by pressing on the map or something? This seems like one of those things I wish it had just to make people stop whining and I'd just turn it off.

no language doe :3

Voice chat isn't important anyways. So many games use it to the point that it doesn't have value anymore (at least to me). It's really not something to fuss about. Nintendo has always been somewhat sensitive about voice chat, which is the main reason most games do not contain it. Their very first attempt to the voice chat world was with Wii Speak (which was actually really good, but Nintendo simply didn't prolong with it). I might be going off tangent here, but needless to say, voice chat is not a true necessity for a game like Splatoon. Maybe Splatoon will have preset voice commands like in Luigi's Mansion 2, but I seriously doubt it.

Reactions: PigMayor and Poefred
I heard way too many people say this, but I know most will crack down and buy it. My group of friends think this decision sucks, but we are just going to use skype to chat while we play. We do that now with Smash and Mario Kart, so it's not a big lost. It would been really nice to have it in there so we wouldn't have to open a separate program, but I'm not going to pass up on the game because of it.

It is both good and bad. You won't hear angry 12 year olds talking about my mom ,but you won't be able to talk to your teammates.

That's like saying Fantasy Life is doomed because it doesn't have a qwerty keyboard. >.<

The game was still a big success and lots of people love it. They probably had their reasons. :giggle:

Oh no, there's no way for us to hear racial slurs, sexist insults, and other rude phrases. How dare nintendo do this -_-

Reactions: DarkDrifloon, Killer B and PigMayor
What did you guys expect? Do you think a Nintendo e10+ game is gonna have voice chat? No! Maybe, just a slight chance they thought about it while playing with friends, but any thing else, no no.

Honestly, I don't care. I have no friends with a Wii U, and random chat online (especially voice chat), isn't my thing. And all YouTubers are disappointed, none - that I've watched -, aren't getting it because of it. Everyone's still hyped. Maybe some 15+ teenagers aren't gonna get it, but this game is targeted for kids, and 'kids' don't care about voice chat.

And, I'm happy I don't hear kids cussen' me out, teenagers shouting their naughty phrases, and nubs saying "Herhaha! U'she shuck, hehehe :;3". Though, talking with teammates would be nice, I'm happy they won't have it.

Back