Splatoon spinoff ideas

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
Many games get spinoffs. Even games like animal crossing. So I was thinking, why not splatoon?
A splatoon spinoff would obviously sell because splatoon is a pretty well known game by now. So the question is what would the spinoff be? Here are some of my ideas:

A splatoon simulator game. So samster posted a thread with a fake game called splatoon island. And then it got me thinking, why can't that be an actual game? It would work quite well actually. And since the team behind splatoon worked on animal crossing, I bet they could make an awesome simulation game. It could just be the daily lives of inkling when they're not participating in turf wars. You could just chill at the various maps, do mini quests for shop owners and friends. There would be multiplayer games but nothing to do with shooting. They would be mini games themed around vacation and stuff.

Another spinoff is an rpg game. This would be such an unique game. I'm envisioning an open world sort of thing where you explore and fight monsters. And the whole world is inkable. So you don't need horses and stuff. The open world would be smaller than breath of the wild but pretty big. And instead of an olden-timey castles and stuff setting, it would be a modern city. And by rpg, I dont mean turn based rpg. I mean zelda-esque mechanics but you use splatoon weapons. This would be a game i would love to play but it seems too weird to ever come true.

What are some of your ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizunil
I'm envisioning an open world sort of thing where you explore and fight monsters
I know it’ll never happen, but it sounds so cool. Literally an open world Splatoon game that’s essentially the story mode. Maybe not fully open world, but more like Oot/MM, I could see that for a single player Splatoon.

I could also see a turn based rpg, Splatoon has so many unique weapons and bosses. The weapons could pertain to specific classes (like sniper would be a charger), I would 100% get that.

Reactions: Duffy and Deepak
I know one right off. Sin and Punishment/Kid Icarus style action. Keep Kid Icarus weapon options but without leveling or fusion. Add something to give your character stronger abilities for progression. Give the Inklings plenty of enemies to shoot at. Maybe get rid of the intensity gauge too. It could still have multiplayer closer to the typical shooter in a sense but it wouldn't play like Splatoon at all.

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
Splatoon Beach.

This will be a turn based card game, set on a beachy island. Each game is played on a beach with rows where you place down cards from your deck during your turn. Some cards are terrain cards which create different terrain from the beach in order to move from your side of the board to your opponent's. Most other cards are octolings or squids, which put ink down as they move across you terrain cards. If your octolings/squids cross paths with your opponents, they fight and they use their stats to win (slower moving cards will be more powerful, faster will be less powerful). When you get to the other side you deal damage to the other player until they reach 0 health and you win. Other support cards will help in battle and change up the board/beach.

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
Mike Inel's Splatoon Island teaser as an april fools joke on youtube is actually a pretty good spin off idea ngl. I actually thought that nintendo might have thought of doing that or presenting that in the resent nintendo direct. A splatoon 3 is much more hype tho. However, I would possibly check out a splatoon island game if it were interesting as the concept that mike inel presented on youtube. His ideas were really good and it looked very legit and stunning even tho it was a concept for a fan made mobile game. Fans tend to make amazing things. :3

Back