Splatoon Vs. CS:GO comparison

• Thread starter 9070
  • Start date

Restricted User
Towns Folk
so a lot of people are making comparisons of splatoon to cs go, team fortress 2, arma III and so on. What are your thoughts

I like the Team Fortress 2 comparison. Although I haven't played the game, I can see the big team dynamic and the fact that you get the unique cartoony artstyle, hats, cosmetics, somewhat similar weapons at times... But I guess Splatoon is quite different in TF2 when you look past that and different to most other shooters like CS:GO and ARMA III.

In fact, it looks like what would happen if Nintendo mixed Squids and Tentacles (oh my) with TF2 and Portal 2.

I wouldn't compare a thrid person shooter with a first person one, they don't play the same way at all and the feeling is quite not the same... TF2 makes more sense yes!

Their so different you shouldn't keep them in the same category. All that has the same Is shooting, and Splatoon shoots ink! I mean, the whole point of Splatoon to the other games are CRAZILY different. I don't know how to even judge the two.

Well it is true that a lot of people are comparing Splatoon with other shooting games -- like there's even memes and stuff xD -- but it is really more different . I think that perhaps that Splatoon was just more unique and all that got it more better attention but that's just me :p

Hmmm there is a lot of difference between Splatoon and CS:GO, other than a few blatant facts( such as the fact that both games are within the shooter genre...), you can see that these games are just too diverse to be compared, there is so much difference that i don't quite honestly know why they are being compared, i can understand if you compare splatoon to TF2 (team fortress 2), i mean i've played just shy of 800 hours on that game and i know a lot about that game xD, but CS:GO?
Let me break down the differences( i'll use the CS:GO's pro league rules in this comparison):

Graphics:
  • Splatoon - This game has a very unique, cartoon-like style that is very cleanly modeled, characters are very basic yet effectively made to suite the squid/kid theme, guns are modeled in a cartoon style but have detail here and there, map textures and quality despite being cartoony are surprisingly high and well resoluted.
  • CS:GO - this game goes for a much more realistic graphic style, all character models are very detailed, guns and skins are also detailed and the quality of the gun and knives is shown well( Factory new > Field tested), maps are well textured and quite detailed (shortly put, everything is realistically modeled and detailed for a tactical, teamwork FPS)
Typical Game type:
  • Splatoon - i've only seen one game mode on this game, so i can only assume it is the only game mode, which is where you try to paint in as much of the map as possible as you can of your team's colour within the time limit whilst trying to oppose the other team with that same objective. This, simply put, is quite similar to a Domination genre game mode. The game, being a paintball game with squid-kids rather than grown men with guns trying to shoot bullets across one end of the map with sniper rifles, is given this style of game type to provoke less violence and crimes.f
  • CS:GO - (pro league) this is a terrorist/counter terrorist Search and Destroy type genre game, and there are two ways to win. The Terrorists must either take the bomb and must plant it in one of two locations and let it explode, or they must kill all of the Counter terrorists. The Counter terrorists must stop them, whether that be defuse the bomb or kill all of the Terrorists.
Maps:
  • Splatoon: Splatoon's maps have a differences, for example, are that the maps are much more open, i have yet to see a closed indoor space such as a building where it is quite small. Despite this, there are a lot of walls and stuff that you can climb through putting paint on them, and you can move around the map a lot which is a nice addition on Nintendo's part.
  • CS:GO: there are plenty of maps in CS:GO, i'll just say the general consensus throughout. CS:GO's maps include a lot of different areas that generally use different player styles, varying from sniper spots to close quarter ranges, there are a few twists and turns, a lot of places where you can make plays and be effective at defending/attacking from. The maps generally have two or three routes you can take, you split up into pairs, groups or apart from the group to be effective as a team. There are a lot of both building and outdoor areas, on different elevations so there is also a tactical value in that sense also.
Loadout:
  • Splatoon: you choose a weapon at the start of the game and you have that gun until you back out of the server and pick a new one, i am not a fan of this as i feel you should atleast be able to choose a new gun after every game if you so wish to. The guns themselves are quite good, they vary a lot but some of the guns and stuff need nerfing and some of them need boosting to make the gameplay fairer( that one tornado attack move is O.P., but i feel like the sniper weapon should have more range)
  • Your loadout will change a lot throughout each game, as your loadout is yours to choose!(to some extent) this is due to the fact that you need to buy those guns with money that you earn during the game by killing, planting diffusing etc, and you keep your gun if you survive the round. Throughout the game your loadout will vary from knife only, to pistol only, then you can buy guns, armour and grenades to use, if you have been spending a lot of money and you die( and you have non left) whilst your team is consistently losing rounds, every few rounds the game will give you money for your third lose ( i think it was like this last time i checked) which can buy you enough for a gun and stuff ( if your team is low on funds they will do this method, the method is known as "eco'ing and eco-buying" i think), some teams work better during different rounds with different guns, for example for the French Team Titan( i support them but they haven't been doing so well from the games i've seen so far this Pro League), i've seen their team work well at defeating a team with fully loaded AK47's, armour and grenades with just pistols (amazing play by them xD) and also their Sniper KennyS is a skilled player with an A.W.P, who is controversially considered one of the best Snipers in CS:GO.
I'd go on, but it is quite simple to see them,( e.g. Splatoon is third person based, CS:GO is first person based.) so i'll hold off xD

Reactions: 3823
Back