Splatoon's on the Switch?!

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
During the Nintendo Switch reveal, on the last part of the trailer we saw several new footage of what seemed to be Splatoon in it, and of course, it doesn't went unnoticed by the Squid Research Lab if this Tweet is anything to go by (it's in Japanese tho):

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/789107358542729222

So... what do you think about it? Would this be a port of Splatoon for Nintendo Switch, or will it be the Spla2oon the sequel ink-oming?

The differing inkling hairstyles are way too clean and lavish! Makes me wonder how many there will be (if what was shown is in fact a Splatoon Sequel).

I kinda hope that it is a splatoon sequel as then they would have the splatfests again :p

Splatoon was a stupid idea to be on the switch. Sure it has tv mode and all but Splatoon lies on WIFI. if no wifi that would turn the game to boring game with short campaign.

Splatoon was a stupid idea to be on the switch. Sure it has tv mode and all but Splatoon lies on WIFI. if no wifi that would turn the game to boring game with short campaign.
Who says the NX wont have wifi :p

Reactions: Blue Knight, TerraKnight and Marc
No it doesn't lie on WiFi. It may lie on an internet connection though, which can be achieved by WiFi yes, but also with cables (which would probably work well in docked mode).
Plus what @3dsatackman said.

Despite not being able to play splatoon such as in a car or outside you can be able to play splatoon on the go in somewhere like a starbucks or like a plane (If they have a wifi hotspot and airplane mode required) which I find really cool. It's also useful because you can bring your system to a friends house and play splatoon with them instead of playing online waiting for your friend to join a lobby. Though I'm kinda excited but sad at the same time that splatoon is getting a sequal because the first game barely lasted for a year which is really short and I feel like splatoon didn't deserve to stop doing splatfests until maybe splatoon 2 has been announced. The last splatfest should have been next year not last summer. Anyway I'm kinda hyped.

I really hope it's a sequel and not a port with bonus, but only the inkling look seems new, the map that we can see behind looks like one that's out already, but maybe they don't want to reveal too much new stuff at once.

Nintendo likes us to wonder about that, eh?

I really hope it's a sequel and not a port with bonus, but only the inkling look seems new, the map that we can see behind looks like one that's out already, but maybe they don't want to reveal too much new stuff at once.

Nintendo likes us to wonder about that, eh?

Actually, it is a new map (at least according to people I've seen on Squidboards / Twitter talking about it)

Originally I was thinking this would be a port, but they showed so much new stuff and the inkling spawn got a complete redesign which doesn't seem like something they'd do for a port.

It is a new map? Looks like they didn't change much since I thought I already saw that one =/

It is a new map? Looks like they didn't change much since I thought I already saw that one =/

It is. If you watch Gamexplain's analysis you can tell it's definitely new

That being said, making unique looking maps is going to get harder and harder when we have like, 15 already.

If this does happen then I will more then likely look into getting a switch for the game cause it does look like loads of fun. It something different and welcome then call of duty and all that junk. I have no problem with it not have a voice chat ether cause really I don't wanna hear what some people have to say to be honest . Some of them can be really nasty and I would rather avoid that as much as I can .

Back