Splatoon's Sad Ending

• Thread starter Duster
  • Start date
D

Duster

Cheese Lover
Towns Folk
Well next month Splatoon is gonna be dead.The final splatfest will be Callie Vs Marie and by next year (the maximum) Splatoon will probably be dead ;-;.Is anyone else sad about this?And do you think this game is worth selling?

Well next month Splatoon is gonna be dead.The final splatfest will be Callie Vs Marie and by next year (the maximum) Splatoon will probably be dead ;-;.Is anyone else sad about this?And do you think this game is worth selling?
I don't think it'll be dead. I never really liked Splatfest anyway :p I much prefer ranked battles <3

Reactions: superpokemonbros and Mikaya
I doubt that Splatoon will die within next year. With the NX coming out, I'd actually think they'd make an effort to promote the game further.

Reactions: Mikaya
Usually consoles have about 2 years of support after they're replaced by a new one. That said, I imagine they're gonna do a NX port of splatoon and continue with the updates on that version, or maybe even do a sequel before the original servers get shut down

I'm glad it's dying. RIP super seasnails. I can finally move on with my life and not hear trash memes. But we all know Nintendo doesn't stick to what they say.

I'm glad it's dying. RIP super seasnails. I can finally move on with my life and not hear trash memes. But we all know Nintendo doesn't stick to what they say.
The NX is coming o3o

I don't think resetting gear perks would be a problem. I heard you could do it with coins as well >.<

The NX is coming o3o

I don't think resetting gear perks would be a problem. I heard you could do it with coins as well >.<
Yes, but "competitive" players prefer to save coins rather than save snails. Because it cost a lot of coins

Yes, but "competitive" players prefer to save coins rather than save snails. Because it cost a lot of coins
I have too many coins and I don't know what to do with them :p

YES SPLATOON CAN DIE! IT'S A STUPID NAME FOR A STUPID GAME! SPITOON MASTER RACE!!!!

Actually, nvm, I said something stupid.

Splatfests will be over, yes. But considering Splatoon's popularity I HIGHLY doubt it'll be over soon, unless they shut down the servers, it's still making truckloads of cash for Ninty.

That, or if they make a sequel for NX, then people will likely start moving over there.

Last edited:
The Splatoon servers likely won't be shut down for a while, I agree, especially if they do an NX port with cross-console play. I also think they could do Spla2n very soon after the NX launches.

Splatoon is a great game its the first new game without the same old reacquiring characters but I do think its servers will shut down hopefully they make a sequel of this great new fresh game its the first kid friendly shooter I know and hopefully they continue the updates

Reactions: SS1o7crazydude
Splatoon is a great game its the first new game without the same old reacquiring characters but I do think its servers will shut down hopefully they make a sequel of this great new fresh game its the first kid friendly shooter I know and hopefully they continue the updates
They will shut down but not anytime soon. Only Splatfest (an event) is shutting down soon.

They will shut down but not anytime soon. Only Splatfest (an event) is shutting down soon.
In around 2 years are so that's when I think it will shut down

In around 2 years are so that's when I think it will shut down
Eh, I'm no master of online play, but I'm willing to bet that Splatoon's servers aren't being shut down any time soon. Remember when the DS Pokemon's servers shut down? I have a feeling that if the NX is backwards compatible, and Splatoon is popular, it'll stick around for quite a while.

Eh, I'm no master of online play, but I'm willing to bet that Splatoon's servers aren't being shut down any time soon. Remember when the DS Pokemon's servers shut down? I have a feeling that if the NX is backwards compatible, and Splatoon is popular, it'll stick around for quite a while.
Not to mention that it wasn't really Nintendo's decision nor their fault for the DS/Wii servers shutdown. At that time, they weren't the ones owning the servers. It was GameSpy if I recall, and since they were bought sometime in 2014, they had to force close many servers, and it affected many games at that time, not only Nintendo games. The only "intentional" server shutdown I recall on a Nintendo console was MH3's servers, mostly Capcom closing them in order to prepare them for 3U.

Anyway, just to say: While Splatoon's Splatfest is going down because they ran out of ideas for it, it doesn't mean that the game's online services will go down anytime soon. Even when the NX will be around, since its price will likely be high, I doubt there will be many Wii U users willing to upgrade soon after its release, which means that there will still be a big enough userbase for Nintendo to not consider closing Splatoon's servers yet.

And even in the worst case, there's AltWfc for Wii and DS, so, I bet there are probably some guys behind their computers (and Wii U) figuring out how the game's internet features work, so, I think we'll be able to expect alternative Splatoon servers. The only cons being that your online progress will be exclusive to said server you'll be playing on, or how will redirection to the new server will be done (Will it require patching (Cafiine exists, but I'm not sure if it's possible to modify game code that way), "cheating" (just like for Wii, your game gets patched via a cheat code), or a simple DNS change will be enough?).

TL;DR: Even with Splatfest down, you can still go and enjoy Splatoon. Considering how much of a userbase it has now, Nintendo won't close the game's servers before a long while, even when the NX will be out. And even if it was to shut down, there will likely be enough demand for hackers to try and make an AltWFC-bis for this game, which means that you'll still be able to enjoy the game's online functionalities, with the difference that it won't be on an official Nintendo server.

Reactions: Blue Knight
I feel sad that splatfests are gone though I been recently coming back to playing once in a while in rank. I need more info about splatoon for NX next year because I'm eager for the franchise to be revived.

While I was at one point quite disheartened by this news, I later learned that it was part of a pretty cunning plan on Nintendo's part to sink player interest in the WiiU game so that players would be more compelled to buy the new Splatoon game when it comes out for Switch. Pretty genius, right?

Back