SPOILER ALERT! Full-Metal Alchemist Brotherhood question...

• Thread starter ✍MaskSmash✌
  • Start date
✍MaskSmash✌

✍MaskSmash✌

Poyo!
Towns Folk
There's someting I didn't understand about the anime, and I need you guys to give me some of your wisdom. :p
Ok... Here I go!
2ebgydj.jpg

I don't quite remember the episode very well but, this is when Edward Elric overheard Hohenheim's disscussion with Pinako. It was about the appearance of the thing Ed and Al transmuted... Yeah, we all know what they are talking about... ;-;

But then... Hohenheim asked if that thing looked anything like Trisha. After hearing that, Ed freaks out like "IT CAN'T BE..!!"...
You know what happens then, Ed goes out to his mother's grave with Pinako to dig out the body that was within there, and finally... he sees that it doesn't look anything like Trisha! Heck, it wasn't even the size of her body if she were to be alive! It looked more like a man's skeleton...! :eek:
When Ed sees all of this, he starts to laugh like a maniac and says to himself:
latest

"Hehehe.... Human transmutation was impossible.... It is impossible to bring back the dead."
Some episodes pass, and Ed returns to Central to tell his brother of what he had discovered. Then he goes and calls his master to ask her if her baby's transmutation had any of her traits, she was shocked... And she just hanged the phone.... But later she called the Elric brothers again to tell them that the baby she transmuted had absolutely NO similarities to neither her nor her husband...!!
06%2BIzumi%2Bhears.jpg

The Elric brothers and their master feel relieved that they didn't do anything wrong about their respective transmutations, it was just.... simply impossible!

Here's my question... If they never transmuted their loved ones, then... What the heck were those things?? What did they create??

Hope you guys can explain me, and sorry if my question was too dumb for you. :p

Not entirely sure of this one either but i guess they just created a blob of something from another world. according to something i read before, the thing `they created was apparently some sort of "knowledge" that can only come from when you commit something taboo like bringing the dead back to life. In exchange for all those parts and alphones body and edwards arm and leg they recieved the knowledge that it is impossible to bring back the dead.

Reactions: ✍MaskSmash✌
Back