"Spoilers, Chief! Not cool."

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
Actually this thread is inspired after seeing numerous Pokémon leaks and spoilery stuffs, plus that line from one of the Rescue V shorts.

Spoilers are usually touchy issues, especially if it's related to shows, movies or even video games, because it tells about the later parts of the story (especially when some didn't watch the latest episode in particular), or about something which is not officially revealed yet, which is the reason why Spoiler tags exist within most forums for some who wanted to avoid them. I'm wondering if you do mind spoilers, or are you cool with it? And why?

Reactions: 3905 and MindzEye
Well, maybe it's inappropriate to blab about parts in a story you're watching, but I don't go ape when someone does it to me. Lotta people express annoyance about spoilers like it's life or death tho. >.> I mean, sometimes in extremes. It's not even funny.

Basically, I'm respectful enough not to spoil, but I'm secure enough in myself to not blow up when someone else does either.

Personally, I don't mind spoilers as well because usually I enjoy it no matter if the stories are spoiled or not. Even though I realize that at times, watching some shows or playing games without spoilers around can be enjoyable as well! At least, I wanted to make sure that I won't spill the beans when anyone didn't played the game or watched some show yet, most of the time if they didn't ask.

Reactions: MindzEye
Honestly it depends on whether I like/care what I'm being told about. For example, if I'm reading a book I don't really like I wouldn't really care if people spoil for it me. In fact I might just ask them to tell me what happens in the rest of the book and move on to something else. However, it is something I like and am enjoying than yes I mind it very much. They just ruined a nice surprise in a book/tv show/movie that I am really enjoying. It takes away from how good it actually it is if you're told about it.

Back