SSB4 DLC discussion

• Thread starter Super Smash Jordan
  • Start date
Super Smash Jordan

Super Smash Jordan

Anime Lover, Smash Player, Gamer of Heart
Towns Folk
It may be possible that this time around, SSB4 may include DLC. What do you think will be available? I believe that it'll be a mix of: Mii Fighter extended custom moves, Mii Fighter hats, characters and stages.

Well Sakurai didn't plan anything for release but if it was later things then I'd say a special patch to make the game seem fair or a way to go old school and bring back ledge guarding (meaning SSBB and lower one person per ledge) and a totally different style of gravity/exaggeration for each of the fighters as special Brawl options. The Mii stuff you mentioned (besides maybe stages) also sounds like something with a high probability of occurring if there was going to be DLC. Maybe there will even be a Mercedes Benz item that will be usable hehehe.

ITS NAUT POSSIBLEH NINTEND0H HATEHZ THE FANS.."

That's what the fanboys say.

It has a fair chance,it would sell well but complains will come up.

That's what I say.

I think DLC would be terrible for the game. This is one of Nintendo's most beloved franchises, and it might make sense to monetize it further than just the base price since the game is so popular. However, any DLC would really just infuriate customers and make them feel like they've been cheated out of part of the value of the game. A few content patches would be alright, but I think Sakurai should just let the game be what it is and not try and add anything on further.

Reactions: BjFauble
I agree with sodajet. Nintendo isn't known for DLCs, and that is a good thing. I feel the same way, as by adding DLC to the game, it would make the customers feel like they haven't gotten their money's full worth. Nintendo are known for their priority on customer satisfaction rather than money, and let's hope it continues like that.

Just like @sodajet and @AliTheAce, I don't want priced DLCs for SSB4, it would be a bad idea, and personally, I'll lose faith in Nintendo if they do it (being the only company who don't abuse the DLC system, ain't it, Sony and Microsoft ? Forgot Activision too...).
As you said, a few patchs that adds content would indeed be great, or free DLCs, but not priced ones.

Nah I don't think nintendo will do it. Well maybe a few mii DLC's but no new characters or anything. Nintendo really hasn't done a lot of DLC's and I don't think they will start it in ssb4

While I doubt it'll happen, they seem to have gotten around to add DLC this generation, on both WiiU and 3DS, so it's by no means impossible, and if they do, I really doubt Nintendo would abuse it, and would actually offer good DLC, so I'm actually hoping for it, as long as they haven't planned it all out from a while ago, making it a grand scheme to earn more money.

Ugh. I can imagine DLC. They would make you pay for more stages, and quite possibly make you pay for more characters. Anyways, DLC would make me dislike ssb4 a bit and I would much prefer free Spotpass content.

Back