SSB4 Rumored Release Date

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
Despite all the hype and excitement for the upcoming Super Smash Bros U for the Wii U, Nintendo has yet to officially announce a release date for the game. While the 3DS version launches in Japan today (check out our 3DS demo impressions) and next month in the rest of the world, the Wii U version still doesn’t have a firm release date.

We’ve previously heard retailers announce a release date for Super Smash Bros on the Wii U, but those could have been guesses. However, sometimes retailers know in advance when a game will be released, but a forced to stay hush-hush about it. And sometimes they “accidentally” post the release date.

According to Fred Meyer, a chain of superstores in the US, the Super Smash Bros U release date is set for November 21, 2014. The release date appeared on a reservation card from the retailer, as seen on the image below.

Last month, UK electronics retailer HMV floated another release date around: November 28th.

While we don’t have a specific release date, we can be sure that Super Smash Bros U is Nintendo’s big Wii U title for the very competitive holiday season. Super Smash Bros is one of the most anticipated games of the year, and even won the “most wanted” award at GamesCom last month.

super-smash-bros-u-release-date-534x640.jpg

This is just a rumor with "Photographic evidence". I just hope they dont release it on this date though... Poor Pokemon and Sonic Boom...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they release it on that day! :) It's before Black Friday, so it seems likely.

I think they're almost done with the final build, so I expect it even sooner.

Poor Pokemon and Sonic Boom...

You can't stop the SSB4 hype train. It's too fast for any of us.
But, how would it impact the sales of these games, anyway ? I'm also wondering.

In any case, that's still a better release date than Winter/Early 2015 (isn't it, Capcom [about MH4U's release date] ?).

Back