SSB4 vs Brawl graphics comparison

• Thread starter Tuzo
  • Start date
Tuzo

Tuzo

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk

ssbcompkth.jpg

The graphics do look like a huge improvement when put side-to-side on certain characters (especially Donkey Kong and Link).

wow, they're looking so much better! great improvements! <3

The Wii U has some decent graphics, for sure. ^^

I think is not very surprising since the Wii U is a much more powerful console. However, Brawl's graphics sure do seem to hold up, and I think it shows how good a game can look if the developers put in the effort to optimize its graphics (while maintaining performance). I wonder if the 3DS version looks in comparison to the Brawl though.

It looks like DK has the same hair style he does in the 64 version which is nice. Brawl had a Twilight Princess look and Melee had a OoT look to it. Melee/64 Fox are noticeably more different than the Wii U/Wii counterparts. While they all look great I want to see the 3DS graphics and compare with those more.

In terms of power, the 3DS has been compared to the Gamecube. However, I think the 3DS can provide graphics on a level similar to the Wii (evidenced by Wii games that have been ported to the 3DS like Donkey Kong Country Returns and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate).

SSB4WiiU has more vibrant, colorful graphics; beyond the point of appreciation and awe. SSBB, however, has slightly more detail in character clothing and accessories. If you don't believe me, then take a look at Mario's overalls in Brawl compared to how they look in 4. In terms of design, they are more realistic.

I agree with you. Super Smash Bros Brawl had this darker tone that reflected in the more grim, realistic character models in that game. I think that part of the motive for this came from the Subspace Emissary mode which featured a dark enemy against the Smashers. For Smash Bros 4 though, they've made the whole game colorful and much more lighter than the heavy tones of Brawl. I'm liking the new art style better although both were visually appealing.

I did catch onto that. I think right now I lean more toward the brawl graphics simply because I haven't gotten to experience the SSB4WiiU graphics yet personally. My clingy feelings will more than likely change by Christmas lol.

The only character who didn't get much changes is Kirby, that's normal after all, but it's still surprising to see how much the graphics improved. They have quite the designers at Nintendo!

But thinking of it, the Brawl version already had great graphics, just less detailed.

Back