SSB4 Wii U Amiibo Support Review

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Amiibo_Group.jpg

The plastic figurines that hit store shelves this fall are nothing but fantastic, especially for Wii U.
Here's my personal review on them and their performance during SSB4 Wii U:

Features in SSB4:
Amiibos can be used during 8 player or normal Smash modes.
You do not control them, as they fight on their own, however they are anything but CPU's.
Amiibos observe how you play and adapt and learn accordingly making them stronger the more they play. They also level up the more they learn. Though the highest level is 50, they never stop learning.
They eventually become very strong, stronger than most LV 9's you'll fight.
In addition, you can feed them equipment you've earned boosting/lowering their stats.
Finally you can change their move sets and give them special abilities.

How well do they play?:
Pretty well actually. I've had experience with 6 Amiibos (1 is mine) and I've observed them since they were opened.
At first, they literally can't do anything, walking takes effort for them. Slowly they start to use their abilities more and more, observing how you use yours and adapting accordingly. By level 15, they could beat a level 5 without a problem at all.
Then as me and my friends got them to level 50, it was 3 of us vs 2 Amiibos, and the Amiibos won 2/3 times against us. And don't say anything about us being bad, because we aren't that bad :p
When we played free for all, Amiibos were always fighting each other in the end because they were the only ones alive still, most human players were eliminated quickly by them.
I've played with 6 different people with the Amiibos so I can confirm that these are pretty constant.

Any problems?:
None. Saving constantly can get a little annoying but they don't have a flaw at all.

Is it worth the 12+ dollars I'm going to spend on them?:
Yes, and you don't need a lot to have fun either. I've had a lot of fun if each person playing had a Amiibo they used and teamed up with when we play, but if your playing by yourself or have a friend over once in a while, I suggest buying 2. They are very much worth it.

Do they break/are they sturdy:
They don't break easily and stand pretty strong. It would take a little effort to break it actually.
All in all though, they are attached pretty strong onto their base, better than Skylanders or Infinty figures.

Thanks for reading. Like my review? I'll review some more and continue updating with @D4rkDragon about Amiibos. Until next time, see ya!

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I can also say one thing: They're like you on steroids, they're fast, but they make a good training.
I just levelled up my Fox to Lv. 50 (maximum), and now, I can barely cripple it, while when he was Lv. 46-, I had absolutely no problem to beat him.

The craziest is how easily they can counters any attack. It's as if they're reading the inputs (well, I guess it's what they do, to learn from you, right ?)!

So, yes, as @Nova said, they're worth the price tag if you need some hard training on SSB, and a cool figurine (well, aside from Marth who didn't got a right figurine) !

Reactions: Magik
Back