Star Fox Connection

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ftvymDja1rw70wfo1_500.png

Nintendo games as a whole seem to connect with other series in different franchises. In this case, it would seem that a Star Fox connection was made, with quite a few Majora's Mask masks bearing a resemblance to major characters in Star Fox. How neat is that! Did you already know about this?

Yeah, I noticed this quite a while back. I really love with Nintendo adds stuff from one game to another, somewhat of an easter egg.

Yeah, I noticed this quite a while back. I really love with Nintendo adds stuff from one game to another, somewhat of an easter egg.
Yeah, this kind of stuff I don't think you see that much with the Microsoft and Sony. However, compared to back then they don't seem to do this kind of thing as much nowadays do they?

Yeah, this kind of stuff I don't think you see that much with the Microsoft and Sony. However, compared to back then they don't seem to do this kind of thing as much nowadays do they?

Yeah, they almost never do. :/ And even when they do now it's usually just a throwback to an older game in the same series. (Majora's Mask in A Link Between Worlds, for example.)

Yeah, they almost never do. :/ And even when they do now it's usually just a throwback to an older game in the same series. (Majora's Mask in A Link Between Worlds, for example.)
yeah, I think in that case it was done just to troll the fans that want a Majora's Mask remake, just like how GameFreak has put a bunch of Hoenn references in the gens after 3rd gen. I wish they did what they used to do more often now :/

If one had to connect Star Fox and Zelda in terms of Canon...
It is more than a little possible that Hyrule is Earth in an altered timeline. Miyamoto originally wanted to have Zelda be a game set in the future and past, which would have made it a Science Fiction type game with a fantasy backstory.
If one wanted to, one could easily treat them as sharing a universe but not precisely the same planet of time period.

Based on that theory, I would take the Majora's Mask reference as a sign that it might be at about that era of Hyrule history.

If one had to connect Star Fox and Zelda in terms of Canon...
It is more than a little possible that Hyrule is Earth in an altered timeline. Miyamoto originally wanted to have Zelda be a game set in the future and past, which would have made it a Science Fiction type game with a fantasy backstory.
If one wanted to, one could easily treat them as sharing a universe but not precisely the same planet of time period.

Based on that theory, I would take the Majora's Mask reference as a sign that it might be at about that era of Hyrule history.
Are you talking about what the original concept idea of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was and that a picture of a futuristic sci-fi Princess Zelda showed up in the Hyrule Historia? If so, I don't know about that theory. As it has been said, Nintendo likes to leave hidden secrets that are from other games in their games.

Back