Star Fox Wii U: Next best game, or just another sinker?

• Thread starter atcomer420
  • Start date
A

atcomer420

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Let me just start by saying that I grew up with Star Fox. It started with Star Fox 64, and ended with Star Fox Command. Now that there is a new one coming to Wii U sometime this year, I am both excited and worried for the series. I want to know what you guys think about the next Star Fox. So far there is no solid video footage of the game, not even a trailer until E3 2015. But let me know whats up and I'll continue posting on news and info for the game.

I've only played Star Fox 64 3D and while I did enjoy my few hours with it, it wasn't anything amazing. Honestly Star Fox Assault or whatever the "on foot" one was looked really fun

Hopefully Star Fox Wii U changes my opinion on the franchise but for now I'm not really excited for it. Based on what we know of the game it looks just like Star Fox 64 in HD...

I wouldn't be worried. Instead of that I hope and trust nintendo is taking full potential from the wii u system. From what I know the game will be two sided. Let me explain this, you'll be able to play a third person game on the tv screen whereas you'll be playing a first person game on your gamepad. I think this sounds cool! To me they are trying to launch a game similar to Starf fox adventures (terrific game from my point of view) If so, I want it now !!

I wouldn't be worried. Instead of that I hope and trust nintendo is taking full potential from the wii u system. From what I know the game will be two sided. Let me explain this, you'll be able to play a third person game on the tv screen whereas you'll be playing a first person game on your gamepad. I think this sounds cool! To me they are trying to launch a game similar to Starf fox adventures (terrific game from my point of view) If so, I want it now !!
yeah ur right about that

I think that starfox is going to be a great game. I trust Nintendo for making great games from series that havent had a New game in a long time. Just look at what they did With kid icarus uprising and donkey kong country Returns. Both of those series was old (Kid icarus was only on the nes before uprising and dkc was on the snes). So I really think Nintendo manages to make starfox U fantastic!

I think we can only hope for it to be good or great. As far as I can tell, it has been a while since the last StarFox game, and maybe this opus can "revive" the licence like how it was during the SNES-N64-NGC eras.

And who knows, maybe it'll give Nintendo the idea of rebooting some of their old licences (F-Zero, notably or some licences we missed or never got...)

Reactions: Rockback
I want the landmaster and arwing combat/control of 64 and the on-foot combat/control of assault. If nintendo can do that they have a winner, in one aspect.

I'm interested in how they'll handle the story, especially after command. I hope they act like that game never existed....... it didn't deserve to.

I think Ninty can do it though, at least i hope because I'll be buying this.

If you've played Nintendo Land (and I imagine almost all of you have at least tried it), you're familiar with the way the Zelda: Quest or whatever and the Metroid games were set up. You used the gamepad for air battles and the Wii Remote Plus for ground. While I don't really have a problem with this system, I don't like it that much either, because not everyone has the Wii Remote Plus thingie. It will also get tiring switching back and forth through the controllers.

The one thing I'm looking forward to (though the feature isn't confirmed) is online versus, sort of like Star Fox Assault (only Assault was local). If this is in the game, I will probably almost definitely pick this one up.

It really boggles my mind how Nintendo seems to ignore any series if it is not a hit in Japan. Metroid and Star Fox are both examples of series that are well liked and have high fan demand in America, but little demand in Japan.
I understand the Nintendo is a Japanese company. But population wise America has more Nintendo customers then Japan does. It just seems insanely stupid of them to ignore what is technically their biggest audience just because their home audience aren't fans.
Just have the series be made exclusively by the America branch if the lack of a Japanese audence is what's trully keeping from making it.

I'll be honest. I have very little hope for star fox wii u. I just don't feel a game like star fox 64 is large enough or impressive enough to succeed in todays gaming landscape. I could see it maybe being successful off of it's name and legacy alone but honestly thats it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it's good, but the other two Miyamoto "demos" were frighteningly dull. Here's hoping the game itself isn't as boring as the mini-games.

I want on-foot missions, but I understand why some don't want them. They would need to be executed much better than Star Fox: Assault handled them. With solid third-person shooter controls, akin to Splatoon, I think they could be awesome!

Star Fox 64 was my favorite game ever for Nintendo 64 and I'm very excited to try the new Star Fox for Wii U. I hope they bring back the concept of the Nintendo 64 version, but with another new experience using the gamepad, Fox's amiibo and maybe some DLC about the old releases of this brand. It would be the game of year. I can be wrong about everything, but I still hope it for now!

Star Fox has had a rough road to this point with company's dropping the series and others picking it up. You never know what's the faith of this once beloved franchise.This up and coming Star Fox game needs to be a great one. Because if not then you may not ever see Star Fox game again for a Nintendo primary console.

I hope that the next Star Fox U game for the Wii U will be a great game and I hope that Nintendo will make use of the Wii U system for full gameplay . I really enjoyed Star Fox 3d and it was a great game so I hope that maybe some videos will show soon to see what will be a very good game hopefully . and hopefully the Wii U will sell more because I think that the Wii U deserves to be so because just think of the already great games there is on it . I hope maybe the new games like this will convince some :singing:

We have to pray success for Star Fox Wii U, they haven't had a real installment in a few years. I heard that they'll having a gamepad and controller gameplay, have two perspectives on 2 different screens. If this title flops though, we might as well say goodbye to Star Fox for a while unless Nintendo takes another risk at it. I honestly have real high hopes for it, and I'm hoping the Star Fox community does, too.

Let me just start by saying that I grew up with Star Fox. It started with Star Fox 64, and ended with Star Fox Command. Now that there is a new one coming to Wii U sometime this year, I am both excited and worried for the series. I want to know what you guys think about the next Star Fox. So far there is no solid video footage of the game, not even a trailer until E3 2015. But let me know whats up and I'll continue posting on news and info for the game.
Bruhh, that is so true I started play sf 64 when I was like 6 (address was a lil scary then lol) but sf was doing great until they made sf 64 3d, the took out the 64 versions secret unlockables. Basically a downgraded 64 version with better graphics. I feel thats what started the trouble ball rolling.

SF64 is still one of my all-time favorites. The first Star Fox just looks a bit... ugly :D But has great gameplay as well. I love Adventures (and the introduction of Krystal :love:) and Assault was also very nice, although there could have been less on-foot missions (and more variation gameplay-wise). Command had its ups and downs, its a good game, but my least favorite Star Fox one. I just hope for something like 64/Assault, with space action, online multiplayer (I may dream....), co-op and cheesy punchlines. And Krystal in HD :love::love::love:

Back