Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy

• Thread starter Duffy
  • Start date
Duffy

Duffy

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So here's the short version. EA (Electronic Arts) is about to release the sequel to the already controversial reboot to the Star Wars Battlefront series, aptly titled Star Wars Battlefront II. The new game is in open beta, where players were given a chance to play a little of the game. That's where the disappointment started. The widely disliked loot-box feature of many recent releases was very prevalent. Also, many large profile characters are locked behind a paywall (or a 40 hours in-game wait). Naturally people complained, and one reddit user posted to reddit about being disappointed they "paid 80$ to have Vader locked?"

Here's where it gets interesting. The official EA reddit account responded to this post with a comment, which was universally panned. And by that I mean it got over 500,000 downvotes. That's more then 20 times the 2nd most disliked comment on reddit.

Here's a link to the comment if you have some time to get triggered by how a large company defends it's greedy microtransactions to it's customers:
https://np.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...ously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

Well, if I educated you, my work here is done.

Besides, I heard that death threats were sent to EA about that. That's a little too much.

If people don't know they lowered the price, I can't wait to see the pleasant surprise they'll be in store for...

Reactions: Duffy
Back