Forum Management
We got a teaser trailer for Star Wars Episode IX :D

#HYPE

Reactions: Samster
Looks damn good, gotta say.

Who was that laugh, though? Sounded like Snoke :/

Looks damn good, gotta say.

Who was that laugh, though? Sounded like Snoke :/
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis "the wise"?

It seems to be very generic and similar to the previous 2 movies. As well as this there appears to be nothign too special about it and the revival of Palpatine seems to be a desperate attempt to sell tickets as even they have realized that this movie series is nothign special and has been so utterly and totally mediocre up until now, and has dissapointed so many of the fans up until then.
However this is just a teaser so who knows. Maybe they actually cast and write Palpatine really well and make the rest of the movie much more interesting than they have let on up until now.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis "the wise"?

It's not a story the jedi would tell you.

I mean honestly I want to be optimistic but I really can't. I was really hyped for The Last Jedi based off of the trailers and we all know how that turned out. So I guess I'm being cautiously optimistic about this whole thing. But I hope this is a good one. And if it is of course I'll be saying this to my friends after I leave the theater

qljozfj8efw01.jpg

url

Looks interesting. After watching The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, am curious how the story ends. Around the 20 year anniversary of the release of the first film, I was heavily invested in reading the books that were published starting from the end of Return of the Jedi. I was kind of disappointed that none of these stories were used for the films. Looking at the books now as an alternate timeline/universe. As for the potential revival of Palpatine, they were looking at the ruins of the Death Star, so it could be that he has a strong presence in the force as a ghost, reaching out to Rey to call her to the Dark Side. Although with the Solo film bringing back a character that was quite obviously killed in the Phantom Menace... who really knows.

@Furyofthestorm78 I believe all those books are actually canon though. So unless they do a retelling of the books as a movie there's really no point to doing it. Also I have a friend who knows a lot more about the Star Wars Extended Universe and he said that Palpatine apparently returns as a force ghost after being "killed". Again Star Wars EU is in an interesting position because it is all canon. I mean as for Darth Maul they apparently provided an explanation as to why he survived in the Clone Wars tv show... and that's shown to be canon through "Solo".

Dark C-3PO and Rey!?!
Well we can expect some extended fight scenes in space and on land/sea. I have higher hopes for this one.

Dark C-3PO and Rey!?!
Is it actually Rey? I thought the image was from a game or something but I guess this is why it's been blowing up everywhere.

Is it actually Rey? I thought the image was from a game or something but I guess this is why it's been blowing up everywhere.
Yeah, but Disney aint gonna drop a spoiler like Rey turning to the dark side in a trailer, so there's gonna be some reason behind it.

And even if she does have a red lightsaber, that doesn't mean she has to be a sith to have one. You can be a Jedi, or neither and still have one.

Yeah, but Disney aint gonna drop a spoiler like Rey turning to the dark side in a trailer, so there's gonna be some reason behind it.
Could always be a dream or something :redpanda: I think she went in disguise or something though.

Could always be a dream or something :redpanda: I think she went in disguise or something though.
Yeah, when everyone knows what you look like already it's definitely a disguise. Sure she has a cloak and force powers to confuse lackeys but with that lightsaber. I'm thinking that lightsaber is from one of the knights of Ren. I think she's evil but turns good again like Darth Vader.

Yeah, when everyone knows what you look like already it's definitely a disguise.
Since when did your face matter when you've converted to the dark side?

Since when did your face matter when you've converted to the dark side?
In case she wasn't evil.

In case she wasn't evil.
We wouldn't know that yet. We got to see what happens.

She can pretend to be a sith by dressing up as one and keeping a red lightsaber to get into a certain place or whatever she needed to do. She doesn't have to have a deformed face or certain colored eyes (yet) to actually be a follower of the dark side.

I think your eye color turns the more you use the dark side and your face gets deformed depending on certain things. Darth Sidious's face was normal before he had his fight with Mace Windu for example.

There is evil Rey, but that was only a short minute. It sort of reflects her power and where she comes from. Evil C-3PO was just some reprogramming that imo didn't even need to be there. That laugh in the first trailer spoiled the opening crawl. There is a NEW lightsaber (and a lesser yellow one) but I'm not telling you from where and if you ask me I will lie to you. They brought back almost everyone but Snoke (well he was mentioned). It had a lot of unexpected moments mainly because the one before it sucked. There is closure and no huge lean towards a sequel or prequel but more so a sequel.

Back