Steel Diver: Sub Wars impressions (Mini-Review)

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I downloaded Steel Diver: Sub Wars a long time ago. To be honest, this is a pretty good improvement over the previous Steel Diver title, and plus this version is free to play.
The first person perspective is really good, and the game makes wonderful use of the 3D effect.
Unlike other FPS games, this one is not fast paced, but you have to take your time, aim properly and then fire. Also, using the masking ability and the Pros of your Submarine against the Cons of your enemy really adds to the fun factor. The multiplayer is also a really good addition, which can be played even in the F2P version. The extra subs in the premium are not OP. They are well balanced and you can still easily fight them and win, if used properly.
Great physics, multiplayer and use of gyro for the periscope. Although I wish that they would include gyro controls for the rest of the sub, he controls are pretty well used and easy to pick up.
Score:
Graphics: 9/10
Sound: 7/10
Fun Factor: 9/10
Replay Factor:6/10
3D use: 10/10
Controls:9/10
Total: 8.8/10
What do you guys think about this game? Do you like it or dislike it? I would love to hear it.

It's not really for me, but I can appreciate how others are enjoying it a lot (especially in multiplayer). I think the free to play model is interesting also, and am curious to see how Nintendo continues to evolve this approach. If anything this game has made me curious to finally check out the original (which is pretty cheap now).

It's not really for me, but I can appreciate how others are enjoying it a lot (especially in multiplayer). I think the free to play model is interesting also, and am curious to see how Nintendo continues to evolve this approach. If anything this game has made me curious to finally check out the original (which is pretty cheap now).
Oh, okay. I thought everybody was really happy with this first addition in the 3DS F2P series. The full version has more missions, more subs and that's all. I wouldn't mind paying 9.99$ for a premium upgrade. It is worth it, IMO.

This game really was not for me. This game was too slow for me, and the controls were awkward. Maybe it was because the type of game that it is does not suit me.

This game really was not for me. This game was too slow for me, and the controls were awkward. Maybe it was because the type of game that it is does not suit me.
Oh. ive heard many people say that. Maybe slow paced, Precsion requiring games don't suit them and you.

Back