Ultimate steeve looks a little... weird (online encounter)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i wont be buying this one personally, but ive seen some people play steeve online in some random matches (befqore i got tired of the lopsided matchmaking) and either they were less skilled than me or they were doing a deliberate loss (by apparently making it seem like they dont know how to play i guess), but the people i ran into sat there a lot wandering the way a low level CPU might, the other person i saw who had him just kept rolling with this kart or whatever it was and either missed or got countered (at least 2 SDs here).

is he bad or just hard to use?

assuming these people werent more noobish than me ...

Reactions: phofufury and Mizunil
i wont be buying this one personally, but ive seen some people play steeve online in some random matches (befqore i got tired of the lopsided matchmaking) and either they were less skilled than me or they were doing a deliberate loss (by apparently making it seem like they dont know how to play i guess), but the people i ran into sat there a lot wandering the way a low level CPU might, the other person i saw who had him just kept rolling with this kart or whatever it was and either missed or got countered (at least 2 SDs here).

is he bad or just hard to use?

assuming these people werent more noobish than me ...
He is not bad. He’s actually really good. But he is a hard character to use. And I bet kids would choose this character more because its Minecraft. So basically newbies choose one of the hardest characters and you get the thing u mentioned.

Reactions: phofufury, Mizunil and Kadaj
He is not bad. He’s actually really good. But he is a hard character to use. And I bet kids would choose this character more because its Minecraft. So basically newbies choose one of the hardest character and you get the thing u mentioned.
yeah, i thought him being difficult was a possibility, glad you cleared that up. i guess thats what i get for doing randoms though, no real way to tell if theyre less skilled or kids who dont usually know how to play lol. nintendo loves depriving us of communication in game but it might be for the best, ive gotten frustrated a handful of times but some are ultra popoffs who in worst cases might spam swear words (dont ask me why or how anyone could be this serious... i wanna improve myself which is why i get annoyed but this is just plain dumb).

and ive also heard about really, really bad rules where its one stock in randoms lol... boooring XD

Reactions: phofufury and Deepak
and ive also heard about really, really bad rules where its one stock in randoms lol... boooring XD
Yeah. Those suck. Is just people trying to get enough GSP for elite smash. Thats not even the worst of it. Sometimes you get a 3 player free for all with items. Thats SUPER annoying especially when im one game away from getting elite smash. This shows how messed up the GSP system is.

Reactions: Kadaj
Yeah. Those suck. Is just people trying to get enough GSP for elite smash. Thats not even the worst of it. Sometimes you get a 3 player free for all with items. Thats SUPER annoying especially when im one game away from getting elite smash. This shows how messed up the GSP system is.
omg i hate that! its not fun when theres so many items and assist trophy/ poke ball mobs everywhere that you cant even see your character. and only getting one chance is just a cheap kids race of "whoever gets the strong items first wins"... i honestly think these are the worst things to possibly encounter since item spawns are RNG based and one shot deal is a bad combination for this =( there should be a minimim of 2 stock so people get at least a second chance to assess the situation instead of losing from either a recovery fail (sometimes the game has response delays ive noticed... my horipad doesnt drift so i can confirm this and it can be very annoying and sometimes unfair) or an OP item that randomly happened to be there =/ not a really fair loss when youve got one life and have to avoid all those bogies caused by items and possibly even edge campers (zelda and min min,but min min is a hundred times worse since you cant bounce her attacks unlike zelda)

Reactions: Deepak
omg i hate that! its not fun when theres so many items and assist trophy/ poke ball mobs everywhere that you cant even see your character. and only getting one chance is just a cheap kids race of "whoever gets the strong items first wins"... i honestly think these are the worst things to possibly encounter since item spawns are RNG based and one shot deal is a bad combination for this =( there should be a minimim of 2 stock so people get at least a second chance to assess the situation instead of losing from either a recovery fail (sometimes the game has response delays ive noticed... my horipad doesnt drift so i can confirm this and it can be very annoying and sometimes unfair) or an OP item that randomly happened to be there =/ not a really fair loss when youve got one life and have to avoid all those bogies caused by items and possibly even edge campers (zelda and min min,but min min is a hundred times worse since you cant bounce her attacks unlike zelda)
This is why smash bros 3ds had two modes. For fun and for glory. Dont know why they removed that.

Reactions: Kadaj
This is why smash bros 3ds had two modes. For fun and for glory. Dont know why they removed that.
i know =/ the fact you can exploit the system like this isnt really fair aside from the fact you get no real chance to try again if it doesnt well after losing one stock, and it only tricks the system into thinking your good when you can be average like me and not really elite at all

not sure why people are so desperate to make elite smash anyway. im guessing its another stupid way to show off. smash 3ds had a much better way of separating players, i agree completely here. there was no cheap ruleset exploit either

not sure why people are so desperate to make elite smash anyway
Well its like an achievement. And once you get to elite smash, u dont have to worry much about dumb rules.

Well its like an achievement. And once you get to elite smash, u dont have to worry much about dumb rules.
weird... if some exploit to leech smash tags this isnt really worth it either tbh, you get a lot more from regular battles with a more proper length. id know from experimenting solo with spirit combos or just doing regular simple battles with limited items or no items. the smash tags were another awkward bonus imo as well

Back