• Start date
Sunny_Meows

Sunny_Meows

I like to what I want to do
Towns Folk
Minecraft Fan right here :panda: :pepe:

So Analysis time :p

Now guys let's look at... The visuals :bag:

Usually, the best sort of info for this kind of stuff is the smash website.

So firstly,

Screenshot (11).png
Why does the icon look like this. It's a cube! Ok, I get it, but I thought it would be like a grass block symbol or smthng :/

now for what the character looks like

1601566028434.png

It seems the skins come in two different sizes, a steve one and an alex one (you can tell by how thick their limbs are). In extention, Zombie comes in a Steve model, and Enderman comes in an Alex model. The other costumes also look cool!

Now for the moves (?)

Wow, there are a lot to cover. I'm not even sure which moves are which :/

Movement:
Walk/Run: Simple walking animation from minecraft
Jump: Looks a bit floaty, the leegs flutter, but I guess that's to be expected since the regular minecraft jump is pretty lacking.
Crouch: Ah yes, the sneak. Pretty self-explanatory. Immensely popular in minecraft multiplayer :p
Crawl: Same as it is in minecraft. You walk slowly while sneaking.

Attack:
Fsmash: Sword. Similar to that of Toon Link's
Dsmash: Lava Bucket. Similar to that of isabelle's. has a fire effect

Grab: Fishing Rod. Get's trapped in fence.
Uthrow: Extended Piston.

Ftilt(?): Simple Forwards Punch/Sword Slash?
Utilt(?): Simple Upwards Punch/Slash?

Nair(?): The Mid-air attack. Simple punch/slash?
Fair: Forwards punch/slash?
Uair: Upwards punch/slash?
Dair: Spawns Anvil. Goes down.
Dtilt(?): Flint and steel. Lights fire on the ground. Has a fire effect if opponents are hit.
Dash Attack(?): Punch/Slash? No lag apparently.

Neutral B(???????????? IDK):
Places down down a block. Blocks get destroyed after a short while
Alright guys, here comes a theory that may or may not be true. Steve's aerials/tilts depend on what weapon he's using. The stronger the weapon, the stronger the attack. Another crazy bazoinkers theory. A crafting table spawns at the beggining of a match, on the ground, or on a new platform. He can mine by Shield + B. Craft by Shield + B if near a crafting table.

Up B: Elytra + Firework Rocket. Goes zoom.
Side B(?): Places down redstone torch, powered rails and rails. Spawns a minecart. Minecart acts the same way as it does in Great Cave Offensive.
Down B(?): TNT Contraption. Places down a Block of TNT, followed by redstone dust and a wooden pressure plate. How can they place the pressure plate on top of the redstone?!?! Pressure plate gets activated if jumped on

Final Smash: Sideways Piston attack. THIS MOVE LOOKS SO COOL. Steve extends his arms for an extended period of time, piston in hand. Places down a GIANT PISTON. If it hits, opponent gets sent into a dungeon-like structure, filled with mobs. Building explodes, then steve eats steak (?)

TAUNT (Down?): EATS STEAK. AAAAAAAAAAAA

Now for the stage. If you haven't watched the reveal, then you should, as I don't know how to upload videos/mp3 files :p sorry :sorry:

I'm not sure. We've seen the inside of a house, as well as a continously changing stage. The continously changing stage has varying formations and stuff. Cool!

The music

We've only heard one music track, and I'm not even sure what it is! I bet it's a Smash Remix.

I've been a Minecraft fan since I got a PC. So this is incredibly exciting for me. Instant secondary. What do y'all think?

Also, Mr. Sakurai will explain more in a Mr. Sakurai presents "Steve & Alex" in October 3, near the Minecraft LIVE event. (Don't forget to vote for Moobloom!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jisenku, James and Mizunil
It seems the skins come in two different sizes, a steve one and an alex one (you can tell by how thick their limbs are). In extention, Zombie comes in a Steve model, and Enderman comes in an Alex model. The other costumes also look cool!

So the different sizes is actually a really nice attention to detail, when Alex was added (1.8 java) an option for 3 pixel wide arms was also added alongside the normal 4 pixel arms. Enderman is an odd one though.. I can't say I like what they did with that.

Honestly though, I'm seriously impressed by this. The small details, how accurate the animations are and just everything about it looks fantastic. The maps also look excellent!

(Don't forget to vote for Moobloom!)

Nope, Iceologer please so we have some new awesome mechanics to play around and make awesome things from!

Minecraft Fan right here :panda: :pepe:

So Analysis time :p

Now guys let's look at... The visuals :bag:

Usually, the best sort of info for this kind of stuff is the smash website.

So firstly,

View attachment 20910
Why does the icon look like this. It's a cube! Ok, I get it, but I thought it would be like a grass block symbol or smthng :/

now for what the character looks like

View attachment 20911

Now for the moves (?)

Wow, there are a lot to cover. I'm not even sure which moves are which :/

Movement:
Walk/Run: Simple walking animation from minecraft
Jump: Looks a bit floaty, the leegs flutter, but I guess that's to be expected since the regular minecraft jump is pretty lacking.
Crouch: Ah yes, the sneak. Pretty self-explanatory. Immensely popular in minecraft multiplayer :p
Crawl: Same as it is in minecraft. You walk slowly while sneaking.

Attack:
Fsmash: Sword. Similar to that of Toon Link's
Dsmash: Lava Bucket. Similar to that of isabelle's. has a fire effect

Grab: Fishing Rod. Get's trapped in fence.
Uthrow: Extended Piston.

Ftilt(?): Simple Forwards Punch/Sword Slash?
Utilt(?): Simple Upwards Punch/Slash?

Nair(?): The Mid-air attack. Simple punch/slash?
Fair: Forwards punch/slash?
Uair: Upwards punch/slash?
Dair: Spawns Anvil. Goes down.
Dtilt(?): Flint and steel. Lights fire on the ground. Has a fire effect if opponents are hit.
Dash Attack(?): Punch/Slash? No lag apparently.

Neutral B(???????????? IDK):
Places down down a block. Blocks get destroyed after a short while
Alright guys, here comes a theory that may or may not be true. Steve's aerials/tilts depend on what weapon he's using. The stronger the weapon, the stronger the attack. Another crazy bazoinkers theory. A crafting table spawns at the beggining of a match, on the ground, or on a new platform. He can mine by Shield + B. Craft by Shield + B if near a crafting table.

Up B: Elytra + Firework Rocket. Goes zoom.
Side B(?): Places down redstone torch, powered rails and rails. Spawns a minecart. Minecart acts the same way as it does in Great Cave Offensive.
Down B(?): TNT Contraption. Places down a Block of TNT, followed by redstone dust and a wooden pressure plate. How can they place the pressure plate on top of the redstone?!?! Pressure plate gets activated if jumped on

Final Smash: Sideways Piston attack. THIS MOVE LOOKS SO COOL. Steve extends his arms for an extended period of time, piston in hand. Places down a GIANT PISTON. If it hits, opponent gets sent into a dungeon-like structure, filled with mobs. Building explodes, then steve eats steak (?)

TAUNT (Down?): EATS STEAK. AAAAAAAAAAAA

Now for the stage. If you haven't watched the reveal, then you should, as I don't know how to upload videos/mp3 files :p sorry :sorry:

I'm not sure. We've seen the inside of a house, as well as a continously changing stage. The continously changing stage has varying formations and stuff. Cool!

The music

We've only heard one music track, and I'm not even sure what it is! I bet it's a Smash Remix.

I've been a Minecraft fan since I got a PC. So this is incredibly exciting for me. Instant secondary. What do y'all think?

Also, Mr. Sakurai will explain more in a Mr. Sakurai presents "Steve & Alex" in October 3, near the Minecraft LIVE event. (Don't forget to vote for Moobloom!)
I think that simply hitting “a” will have steve mine for materials which he needs to craft. And tapping b will build a block while holding b will bring the crafting table and craft a sword. And since theres a crafting table, i think that steves sword breaks during battle.

Last edited:
This seems pretty accurate:

I'm probably wrong but i think it's a remix of:

I think that simply hitting “a” will have steve mine for materials which he needs to craft. And tapping b will build a block while holding b will bring the crafting table and craft a sword. And since theres a crafting table, i think that steves sword breaks during battle.
I mean, we never saw the crafting table move in the trailers, so I thought that maybe the crafting table just.... stays there. EXCEPT for that one time it spawned in the center of the stage. I thought it spawned where you would spawn at the beggining of a match, but guess not! What I don't get though, is how it spawns with a platform mid-air.

Maybe spawning a Crafting Table is Up Taunt?????
or UpB in the Ground, like in the video. Would feel weird though ngl. I don't know anymore.

Definitely don't agree with putting mine/craft into A though. It would feel weird. Like what I always say: "If you're gonna gather resources in Super Smash Bros., be like Inkling."

Enderman is an odd one though.. I can't say I like what they did with that.

Yeah, although I do get that enderman would make more sense than creeper or skeleton (since they can place down/pick up blocks). His height looks unsettling so I get what you mean. His legs are also skinnnier, so I think they just made parts of their legs see-through.

Nope, Iceologer please so we have some new awesome mechanics to play around and make awesome things from!

But moobloom.... :bag:

This seems pretty accurate:
Yeah, but did they mention crawling? Didn't think so. :p

I'm probably wrong but i think it's a remix of:

Honoestly, I don't hear the similarity. I'll update this when I find what it is.

Reactions: Deepak
Honoestly, I don't hear the similarity. I'll update this when I find what it is.
My challenge: try figuring it out before the presentation.

My challenge: try figuring it out before the presentation.
Too late @Deepak :p

After a few hours of searching, it's actually both Camp Themes from Minecraft Dungeons. Just speed it up so it sounds less ambient or something.

and

I haven't even played Minecraft Dungeons :cry: :cry: :cry:

EDIT: I thought Bair wasn't in the trailer, but I found a png of it from a tweet by Minecraft during one of my "break times"
So yeah, Bair is basically Fair, but Steve's body is facing the other way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deepak
Thanks! :D
Too late @Deepak :p

After a few hours of searching, it's actually both Camp Themes from Minecraft Dungeons. Just speed it up so it sounds less ambient or something.

and

Wow. And I spent like an hour listening to the whole minecraft OST. It was dungeons all along :eyes2:.

I havent even played minecraft :eyes:
Just speed it up so it sounds less ambient or something.
It sounds just like the one in the trailer at *2 speed.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Back