Steven Universe

• Thread starter saltypepper
  • Start date
saltypepper

saltypepper

asian dude
Towns Folk

Steven Universe is a show that is about a boy named Steven and the Crystal Gems, which includes, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl, and Steven.

This show starts out as a sort of life show, with the Gems protecting Beach City, but later on it deals with relationships, trust, and more.

Steven Universe has a lot of things going for it, for one, Steven is a unique boy, as he has magical gem powers, which rely on protection and healing, however as he is a human, he still struggles with human things and also struggles with magical things, for instance, his summoning of his power. Steven has a shield, however, while he is doing great summoning it, he still can get tired from using it too much, which can be seen in the episode Friend Ship.

Steven is also unique because he is technically his mother, as her mother, Rose Quartz, gave up her life to create Steven.

As the gems never took care of a human before, they don't know what to do at first, but as the show evolves, they know more and more.

The gems also have powers, Garnet has gauntlets, Amethyst has a whip, and Pearl has a staff.

All do have their problems, such as, well I shouldn't spoil it.

Steven also knows more, he knows a little bit about his father Greg, and his history with the gems back then, some good, while some bad.

Steven also has a relationship with his human friend Connie, but I don't wanna describe it, so you have to watch the series.

If you like shows that deal with life and also soon to be threatening situations, you'll really like this show. Don't be fooled at the beginning, as something bigger will happen later, but that's only the beginning...

So that's kind of SU, tell me what you think below.

I LOVE this show. Filled up my time along with Gravity Falls and Adventure Time. Rose is by far the best TV mom ever and she was never seen in the same scene and Greg is an amazing dad, taking care of his son even though the love of his life is gone. (Some TV parents could take a lesson on being decent people from Steven's parents.) It can be kind of confusing sometimes when dealing with Rose because technically Steven is Rose and Rose is a part of Steven.
tumblr_nmdudffHfm1qfji1zo1_540.jpg

Amethyst is my favorite character so far. Her struggle, desires and overall personality are really relatable. Garnet is an amazing character as she really represents Ruby and Sapphire's feelings of love. Pearl can be really salty and thirsty.

My overall thoughts are... this is an amazing show that can compete with Gravity Falls.. Its just that amazing :3

I LOVE this show. Filled up my time along with Gravity Falls and Adventure Time. Rose is by far the best TV mom ever and she was never seen in the same scene and Greg is an amazing dad, taking care of his son even though the love of his life is gone. (Some TV parents could take a lesson on being decent people from Steven's parents.) It can be kind of confusing sometimes when dealing with Rose because technically Steven is Rose and Rose is a part of Steven.
tumblr_nmdudffHfm1qfji1zo1_540.jpg

Amethyst is my favorite character so far. Her struggle, desires and overall personality are really relatable. Garnet is an amazing character as she really represents Ruby and Sapphire's feelings of love. Pearl can be really salty and thirsty.

My overall thoughts are... this is an amazing show that can compete with Gravity Falls.. Its just that amazing :3
Not even Lapis Lazuli has the power to quench Pearl's thirst...

edit: I thought it was weird that I didn't get an alert for @PixelHax 's post, but then I realized this wasn't my thread....I've already made a Steven Universe thread before this one

http://forum.3dspedia.com/threads/steven-universe.16540/

Last edited:
Ive watched every episode, and It is possibly the best, and most well put together show on CN. I just wish it got a little more airtime or produced episodes a little quicker.

I love the series! Garnet is my favorite, I love how mother like she is to Steven. I don't really like Pearl, she's a bit much. I do love seeing them fuse.

I just love the overall feel of the show.

I really love this show and I don't know why I haven't heard of it sooner. I'm going to be getting that Bluray of Season 1 soon it's that good.

For the most part my favourite character has been Pearl. She gets very salty at times yes, but I believe that has more to do with the fact that she's broken out of what she was made for. Pearl's are meant to be nothing more than pretty furniture essentially, according to Homeworld's society. Pearl breaking out of that mold and being her own person is quite something, but even then it's apparent that she still needs someone to follow, like Rose Quartz and Garnet afterwards.

That of course doesn't entirely excuse some of her more eccentric actions, but a lot of it just stems from her origins and the obvious attempts to break away from that by being unique. Put simply she's like a small cup that's overflowing. Another thing is that she comes across as OCD when it comes to certain things, like stacking stuff and keeping things symmetrical. For some reason I can really relate to Pearl. Her characterization building in later episodes improves on her insecurities and helps her take steps to becoming an independant person. Err, Gem.

As of the moment, Peridot is actually sorta on par with Pearl as my favourite character also. Peridot comes across to me an expy of Pearl, but if Pearl was still in tune with Homeworld society and had no one to turn to. Initially she seems intimidating and alien in nature but as soon as she loses her limb enhancers it becomes clear that she's just as afraid as the other characters are of her. From that point onward she begins her redemption arc to understand and slowly value Earth, the Crystal Gems and Steven.

It's really interesting watching Peridot learn new things once you make the connections, like copying Steven's face pull just before she escapes, discovering a mirror and making silly faces at it, and my favourite highlight being when she mistook thunder for the cluster, running to Steven for comfort in what she thought was her last moments, then learning about the rain cycle and that it's nothing to be afraid of.

Long story short, it's truly something to watch a villain turn out to not only be harmless and as scared as the rest, but also to see that character come around and actually begin to trust those around her given some time to reflect on it.

This is the most accurate representation I've seen of SU .-.

I love SU, Amethyst and Peridot are my favorites! Oh, and also Amedot is best ship, and you know it!

Reactions: Eric Cartman
My favorite characters are peridot and smoky quarts. I'm wondering if their will be more fusions or when new episodes come out.

There better be. With the new knowledge that Steven can fuse with Gems I bet there will be a bunch more, I also bet that Peridot and Lapis will fuse.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Back