SSB story mode discussion

• Thread starter kirbyhugger
  • Start date
kirbyhugger

kirbyhugger

green inkling
Towns Folk
this is a post were we are here to discuss what story mode is like if sakuri suprises us

I'm pretty sure he already said that thre wouldnt be a story mode I think.

There could be an adventure mode (like Melee, not sure if SSB had it) but like what has been said it probably wont happen. The single player modes we know so far are Classic mode (difficulty from 0.1 to 9.0) Smash Run, most likely Multi-Man Brawl, a game like the Home-Run Contest and that's it.

I was wondering about this too, I dont recall him ever saying there wont be a story mode like there was in SSBB, I'm hoping there is, though, that was a really fun part of the game

you never sakurai might hopefully out no were change his mind out of nowere and supprise us

He won't change his mind when the game is about to come out in less than three months. :facepalm:

There almost definitely won't be a story mode. Boo hoo.

Subspace Emissary was cool and the reason they gave for not adding a story mode was pathetic. It was because Brawl's cutscenes were leaked hard apparently and they don't want that happening again.

It's a shocking reason but it's their game, do as they please. I would've enjoyed a story mode.

He confirmed that there's no story mode.

Definitely disappointed. Subspace Emissary in Brawl was a really fun mode that I replayed over and over. Even if something comes in the form of the mode in Melee (that kinda looks like what Smash Run is now) would be appreciated.

Definitely disappointed. Subspace Emissary in Brawl was a really fun mode that I replayed over and over. Even if something comes in the form of the mode in Melee (that kinda looks like what Smash Run is now) would be appreciated.
The possible reason is that people gained more characters in story mode instead of battle.

The possible reason is that people gained more characters in story mode instead of battle.
If that was the case they could implement something where characters could be evenly unlocked through both modes. The reason I found online that Sakurai gave was because some of the cutscenes were leaked before Brawls launch, which he felt compromised the element of surprise it had for gamers and stuff. Understandable

If there's not going to be a story mode, what will there be? In one of the trailers, I remember seeing Mario walking through some overworld type thing, similar to New Super Mario Bros. Maybe you have a bunch of different levels to go through with boss fights at the end of each one. I'm not sure, but I hope that Sakurai has a solid, fleshed out single player mode for this game.

Last edited:
If there's not going to be a story mode, what will there be. In one of the trailers, I remember seeing Mario walking through some overworld type thing, similar to New Super Mario Bros. Maybe you have a bunch of different levels to go through with boss fights at the end of each one. I'm not sure, but I hope that Sakurai has a solid, fleshed out single player mode for this game.
There's Smash Run (which will be the biggest area in the 3DS version and so many customization features that will be unlockable so I don't think there'll be a story or adventure mode since they require maps and cutscenes. The things that are guaranteed to come are Classic Mode, All-Star Mode, Multi-Man Melee, Event Matches, and mostly that stuff. With the things said above there doesn't need to be a story mode for a popular/ delicious game like this and because the series never had a deep one to start with.

The elements originally planned for story mode were turned into Smash Run, which is why you see all these enemies and unique areas in that mode.

I wish their was story mode! That would be cool and fun at the same time. I want Sakuri to do it! He might be making it a secret ;) I don't know but this must happen. Super smash bros brawl was really fun. Hope this happens

I guess all those other modes make up for a lack of story mode. I'd still like to have something a bit more substantial than Smash Run though. Just a basic storyline so that the game feels more complete (so that it feels like an all-around experience rather than a pure arcade game). It's not necessary though.

Back