Suggestions/Recommendations?

• Thread starter Rin
  • Start date
R

Rin

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Yea. As if my to watch list is long enough, I need even MORE to put on it. I just want to hear some suggestions.

Here's a few notes:

-I have a short attention span and now have less free time than I used to. So if an anime is too long (I'd say more than about 20-50 episodes is probably my limit) I'll either end up breaking it up or just forgetting about it.

-I am flexible with genres and will watch almost anything, but some prefered genres of mine are:

• I LOVE slice of life things. Like, any slice of life things. Whether it's ordinary life like Lucky Star or fantasy like the RailDex series, I'll take it.

• I will watch girly stuff like Pretty Cure (on my watch list) or Sailor Moon. Not a problem. It's not necessarily something I look for, but it is something that I like from time to time.

• I am a huge fan of creepypastas and other horror stuff, so I obviously like the horror and suspense genres.

-I will NOT watch any type of hentai. Most of you know I'm not quite yet 14, so it should be a given, but you never know. Lewd/ecchi doesn't bother me unless it gets to a certain extent.

-I might not get around to watching or finishing what you recommend me. I'm known to start animes then put them on hold, and a lot of the time eventually drop them

So...yea. This should not be such a long post so I'll cut it off here.

Kokoro Connect - There's a good chance you're not going to drop this after watching some of its episodes. I got attached to the characters and there are some shocking events that take place. If you like drama, I highly recommend it.

2EvQk5c.jpg

It's better not knowing what it's about to be surprised (that's how I watched it). 13 episodes, by the way.

If you're fine with action anime (like Toaru Majutsu no Index), here are some that I think you might also like :
  • Kaze no Stigma - 24 episodes.
  • Fate/Stay Night and Fate Zero (you'll have to start off with Fate/Stay Night first)
  • Pandora Hearts - 25 episodes.
  • Attack on Titan (changes are you already know about this one) - 25 episodes.

23136.jpg
30327.jpg

14736.jpg
47347.jpg

Who knows, you may also like Shiki. It's mystery/thriller, has 22 episodes and it starts off slow. The ending is a bit disappointing but you might enjoy the middle like I did.

21343.jpg

Kaze no Stigma
is good

Clannad & Clannad After Story. is a really good anime to see at least once. it is really sad but worth it. since you like the sad slice of life this is something to catch have tissues though.

Last edited:
@Marc I've heard of Kokoro Connect but not much about it (it appears on Google when I look up a Vocaloid song called Kokoro). I also know of Pandora Hearts but not much about it. Attack on Titan I've heard more about than the other two, but haven't seen it yet.

I'll likely look into all of those, but it might be a short while, as I can't really focus on more than one show at a time.

You like horror and suspense? I can definitely recommend a couple of series for you to watch, Paranoia Agent, Monster and Serial Experiments Lain come to mind.

Kokoro Connect is pretty interesting and it kinda makes you think of what makes you you.

If you haven't already seen it, I recommend Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

Shame you don't watch long ones.. but here are some shorter ones I'll list. They are all below 50. Give or take. (You'll have probably watched some, but hey)
  • Log Horizon
  • Sword Art Online
  • Btooom!
  • No Game No Life
  • Hyouka
  • Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
  • Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
  • Yowamushi Pedal
  • Ao no Exorcist
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Robotics;Notes
  • K-On!
  • School Rumble
  • Lovely Complex
  • Tiger & Bunny
  • Great Teacher Onizuka
  • Chihiyafuru
  • Space Brothers
If I had to list my top 3 from them, it would be:
  1. Log Horizon
  2. Space Brothers
  3. Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
That being said, they are all good anime that I enjoyed watching.

I just read that you enjoy horror, so give Corpse Party a try ;)

Back