Summer at the Edge of the Universe (Visual Novel Game)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Summer at the Edge of the Universe is a solarpunk lesbian visual novel set to launch on the Nintendo Switch in 2021.

TKaLJsC.jpg

There's a new trailer:

As well as an overview of the game:
Summer at the Edge of the Universe is an upcoming solarpunk lesbian visual novel from Studio Élan.

After drifting apart for several years, a chance encounter brings four best friends back together for the journey of a lifetime. For Summer Nansen (CV: Hikaru Station), this trip is not only a chance to rekindle old friendships, but also to discover what it is she wants out of life. Alongside a new robot friend named Curiosity, the four girls travel from planet to planet, exploring the natural wonders and diverse alien cultures that they come across. Their journey culminates at the borderline of existence itself: the very edge of the universe.

The game features three routes, each centered around one of Summer’s friends. Every route contains both romantic and platonic endings. More fantasy than sci-fi, Summer aims to be a positive and uplifting experience, with one of the core tenets for the game being “good vibes only.”
Thoughts? :eyes:

Reactions: 28142
Studio Élan has a good track record with visual novels, Heart of the Woods had great art, great story and great music in it. They also write lesbians as actual people, including having transbians in their stories and written in the same way. Lock and Key was announced back end of last year and was something I was keeping my eye on, surprised they announced another VN so soon. Though after looking at the credits of the people working on this one, this seems like it's going to be quite a large game.

Solarpunk btw is kinda like cyberpunk but green, green-punk it's sometimes also called. Really interesting setting that doesn't really get used much.

Quite like this though, I'll be adding it to my radar. I need some more good wholesome sapphic content lol. Doesn't look like they're planning for a physical release though, and their VNs tend to be a tad on the higher end (though, it's justified imo) so I hope it's not boosted up a bit more for the switch.

Reactions: Marc
Back