Super Mario 3D All-Stars

• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date
Mizunil

Mizunil

Born at a young age
Towns Folk
For the 35th Mario anniversary, Nintendo just released this trailer for a new switch port which includes Super Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, and Mario Galaxy!

Furthermore, the game (Atleast the physical copy) will only be available until until the end of March 2021. What are your thoughts on this and will you be getting a copy?

What are your thoughts on this and will you be getting a copy?
The number one question everyone has been asking.. where's Galaxy 2? :eyes2:

I like the idea of this bundle. I also feel like they'll port Super Mario Galaxy 2 to the Nintendo Switch and sell it as a standalone game for $29.99-$39.99 later down the road. I think it received a positive response in the past, so I don't see why they'd exclude it. I feel like they just haven't revealed anything now because they want to try to sell as much of this bundle as possible.

Reactions: Mizunil
The number one question everyone has been asking.. where's Galaxy 2? :eyes2:

I like the idea of this bundle. I also feel like they'll port Super Mario Galaxy 2 to the Nintendo Switch and sell it as a standalone game for $29.99-$39.99 later down the road. I think it received a positive response in the past, so I don't see why they'd exclude it. I feel like they just haven't revealed anything now because they want to try to sell as much of this bundle as possible.
Honestly I hope they release each game on the eshop, whether it be the bundle or each game separately (or both). There’s also potential for a second bundle if they choose to do it, which could include Galaxy 2. This idea would get them more money for people trying to play both galaxies and they could port over another 2 games. If they do I hope they port over Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door :cool-pika:

I know Mario hasn't gotten the love on Switch until now but I think it's at least psuedo-competition with all the 3D platformers that have shown up on the system (Spyro/Crash mainly). What might bother me is will this game cost more than your regular Switch title and will it add something new like remixes or will a game like Sunshine be made easier for new fans?

Reading the nintendo article, it seems that both the digital and physical will only be available until the end of March.

A few things you didn't mention:

The game will be sold for 59.99 USD, and both the Physical and the Digital editions of the game will be available until March 31 2021.

My thoughts:
Yes, I'll definitely get a copy so I don't need to boot up my N64 to play, (and GameCube too. Maybe.) also makes me able to play Galaxy (and 3D World :eyes:) without buying a new system! Yay me! (now if only they added Galaxy 2 :eyes2:).

All 3 games will have HD Resolution, and will be upgraded to-- get this-- WIDESSCREEN!! WOW. I wish they had remade Super Mario 64 to look better. They already did a remake of it on-- get this-- THE DS. What's stopping them from remaking it? I just want to see this game look beautiful :(. Same goes for Sunshine and Galaxy. They both look great, but if you compare them to their original release, they don't look.... better. They look just like the original release almost. I wish they could've updated the visuals on both games! Especially if they're selling them for 60 dollars!

I don't like what they went for, and I wish they looked better, but I'm still buying it because I love these games.

Although, I do wonder how they're gonna do the controls for F.L.U.D.D., as the Switch doesn't have analog triggers. But the big question is, will they keep the voice acting???

(btw, the Super Mario 64 model on the eShop loading screen looks so much better than in-game, I'm guessing they used the Odyssey costume. BUT WHY DOES IT LOOK BETTER THAN IN THE ACTUAL GAME???)

Honestly I hope they release each game on the eshop, whether it be the bundle or each game separately (or both). There’s also potential for a second bundle if they choose to do it, which could include Galaxy 2. This idea would get them more money for people trying to play both galaxies and they could port over another 2 games. If they do I hope they port over Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door :cool-pika:
Yeah, but the music player. :p

A few things you didn't mention:

The game will be sold for 59.99 USD, and both the Physical and the Digital editions of the game will be available until March 31 2021.

My thoughts:
Yes, I'll definitely get a copy so I don't need to boot up my N64 to play, (and GameCube too. Maybe.) also makes me able to play Galaxy (and 3D World :eyes:) without buying a new system! Yay me! (now if only they added Galaxy 2 :eyes2:).

All 3 games will have HD Resolution, and will be upgraded to-- get this-- WIDESSCREEN!! WOW. I wish they had remade Super Mario 64 to look better. They already did a remake of it on-- get this-- THE DS. What's stopping them from remaking it? I just want to see this game look beautiful :(. Same goes for Sunshine and Galaxy. They both look great, but if you compare them to their original release, they don't look.... better. They look just like the original release almost. I wish they could've updated the visuals on both games! Especially if they're selling them for 60 dollars!

I don't like what they went for, and I wish they looked better, but I'm still buying it because I love these games.

Although, I do wonder how they're gonna do the controls for F.L.U.D.D., as the Switch doesn't have analog triggers. But the big question is, will they keep the voice acting???

(btw, the Super Mario 64 model on the eShop loading screen looks so much better than in-game, I'm guessing they used the Odyssey costume. BUT WHY DOES IT LOOK BETTER THAN IN THE ACTUAL GAME???)
Right! I wish they upped the graphics more, of course I’ll still get it because it’s a great bundle of games :p (and limited edition in a sense). Sunshine is the only game on that list I haven’t played so I’m excited to try it out and see what others think about it compared to the original. But I’m just happy nintendo put these games on the switch at all

Right! I wish they upped the graphics more, of course I’ll still get it because it’s a great bundle of games :p (and limited edition in a sense). Sunshine is the only game on that list I haven’t played so I’m excited to try it out and see what others think about it compared to the original. But I’m just happy nintendo put these games on the switch at all
Bruh, you haven't played Sunshine? GO PLAY IT. (I mean, I haven't played Galaxy, so I guess we're kinda in the same boat)

Bruh, you haven't played Sunshine? GO PLAY IT. (I mean, I haven't played Galaxy, so I guess we're kinda in the same boat)
I’ve already preordered :p looking forward to it! I hope you have fun with Galaxy it was such an amazing game (I also have nostalgia with it so my opinion is affected by that lol)

I haven't played either so I'm in both boats :pepe:

while i liked most of the directs, i think im gonna pass with this game ,the original games are good enough for me

I pre-ordered it as soon as I could.

I’m not sold on it. I technically own all these games and could play them if I wished. If the graphics were improved, it would be another story.

I see a lot of people elsewhere saying the games sell for more than $20 each on eBay, but if you already have these games I don’t see the point in buying an almost straight port.

I’m not sold on it. I technically own all these games and could play them if I wished. If the graphics were improved, it would be another story.

I see a lot of people elsewhere saying the games sell for more than $20 each on eBay, but if you already have these games I don’t see the point in buying an almost straight port.
A valid argument, especially since Super Mario 64 has a PC Port. (I know it's not official, but still.) The main reason I bought a copy is that I've never played or owned any version of Sunshine and while I own a copy of Galaxy and had a copy of SM64 DS, I like the idea of playing Galaxy without those tacked-on motion controls.

UPDATE: The latest Nintendo Minute episode showcases the gameplay of Super Mario 3D All-Stars, but that isn't important because....

TITLE SCREEN AND GAME SELECTION REVEALScreenshot_20200913-104439.jpg
This is the titles screen featuring Mario getting the collectibles. Kinda bland considering the original All-Stars had original artwork made for the boxart AND the title screen.

Screenshot_20200913-093446.jpg
The game selection. Why are the icons on the bottom??? Why the description??? I get that it's a celebration, but no one is going to read these unless the really want to. In that case, just add a manual section within the game. What is this, a streaming service?

Why are the soundtracks separated from the games??? Again, they should've just added a section within the game. It's not that hard, they add various modes in various games all the timeeee. If they can't do that, just make it a 4th option on the title screen or the game select screen.

IN OTHER NEWS:
In other news, I did some basic addition!! According to the official Nintendo Web site, Super Mario 64 and Galaxy combined costs 30 USD on Wii U Virtual Console. So it's either Sunshine is 30 dollars on its own (which is unlikely because Galaxy is 20 dollars) or it's 20 dollars on its own, and the joy con support, music player, and the 720p and HD uprez costs 10 dollars. In conclusion, I think it should only cost about 52 dollars :eyes2:

(PS: every other 3D Mario game also costs 20 dollars except for Odyssey)

• Informative
I'd like to get it, if only for Super Mario Sunshine, lol. That's the only game out of the three I've barely– if at all– played.

3D Mario is fun, so it'd be interesting to experience whatever Sunshine is.

Back