Super Mario 3D World+ Bowsers Fury: Cat mario amiibo usage has no shiny save stars penalty

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
my cat mario amiibo recently came, and its pretty helpful if youre ever in a pinch. so what does it do exactly? its actually simple, tap this and you can get a special white-gold striped cat bell that turns you into white cat form. now this might seem like a mild knock off of the invincibility leaf that was in a few mario games but its actually pretty different aside from the nonstop invincibility it provides. you get the same boosts but with cat powers, so you can cheese numerous different green star locations in 3d world and in bowsers fury youll find yourself never needing to hunt down cat powers since if used enough you can very easily bank a full 5 at the beginning of the game.

so obviously this is super broken, but its amazing for casual runs, all any% runs on both modes and heres something else i saw after using it a couple times in world star: you will not lose shimmering stars on your save file from using the cat mario amiibo regardless of how much you use it. this is a pretty big gamechanger right here for people wanting ti 100% and keep their shiny stars, as unlike the invincibility leaf there is no penalty at all for using the cat mario amiibo. so if youre finding yourself pinned, it does wonders and completionists dont have to worry about losing shiny stars if some green star locations are just getting frustrating trying to reach.

another very notable thing about invincible bell vs invincible leaf is that there are very, very few green stars in this game that cat powers cannot reach unlike a leaf, so all youll have to watch for is some torches that need a fire flower. but remember, with joy cons and one pro controller its easily possible to fake 2-player with one console (similarly to wii u) if you dont want to give up one life in order to be able to use the fire flower for these (im never short on lives so i do this anyway but if youre low on lives its probably safer to fake co op with two controllers).

im not doing crown world this time around as the mystery house there practically murdered both my patience and my stamina when i played on wii u, but if amiibo usage is allowed in crown world i might be up for cheesing it later only because this is the most tedious bonus level ive played in the franchise (might even be worse than the perfect run in mario galaxy 2 as i gave up on wii u here, it simply became too exhausting).

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku
this amibo is a useful irl accessory power up tool in the game.
very nice way to have a 6th powerup for the cat mario in game without cheating.
it is a nice boon that it has no drawbacks to use.
especially nice for younger people who get this game and the amibo , it makes for a cool discovery.
nice to be able to play around with this game more casually without too much deep thought.
it makes this game more laid back and relaxing to play.

Reactions: Kadaj
this amibo is a useful irl accessory power up tool in the game.
very nice way to have a 6th powerup for the cat mario in game without cheating.
it is a nice boon that it has no drawbacks to use.
especially nice for younger people who get this game and the amibo , it makes for a cool discovery.
nice to be able to play around with this game more casually without too much deep thought.
it makes this game more laid back and relaxing to play.
yes, its an awesomr amiibo for casual runs which is mosty what i do in this game this time around, i attempted crown world on the wii u and i beat all of it except the 30 star mystery house of horror... this one got way too tedious and i ended giving up on this thing. but the game itself is still awesome, had some minor but very useful changes and the addition of bowsers fury was pretty fun as well. sadly the
100 cat shines in bowsers fury was just for a particularly identical bonus ending that had a few cosmetic differences and was more notably just a harder version if the final boss, so i think the 100% was better for challenge rather than reward. Not more so than the main game but it can still be time consuming to get them all regardless.

I feel this is probably the most underrated switch "port" so to speak, other than the fact i found they made toad way too fast in the main game (i rolled off edges several times as him as he now accelerates uncontrollably if you try to run) i think its still very fun, bowsers fury was also fun too and the giga bell scenes are pretty cool. another benefit i lacked to mention about having the cat mario amiibo is unlike the invincibility leaf, youll never have to end up losing several lives from the later world struggles to get the invincibility bell since its an amiibo exclusive item (unless dying way, way too much makes it spawn with no amiibo... but thatd have to be like 20+ deaths considering i did die 10 times in some levels trying to reach a couple stars and nothing new happened. i kept losing my cat powers to thorns that are on long walkways and needed it to reach some spots so i had to SD in order to retry a failed minigame and such).

this game does hold a lot of entertainment value.
it is diluted from attention is drawn to other games at the current time.
it is good after a long wait this game at last got a switch port.
it would be nice to see extra content be added in dlc similar to animal crossing mario dlc where just update and it is there.

Reactions: Kadaj
this game does hold a lot of entertainment value.
it is diluted from attention is drawn to other games at the current time.
it is good after a long wait this game at last got a switch port.
it would be nice to see extra content be added in dlc similar to animal crossing mario dlc where just update and it is there.
one thing i wish they did in this port was let you start a new game with rosalina once you get her on another save file, or just let us use her right off the bat. considering this is a return for 3d world, theres nothing wrong with this nice change. im really not sure why we cant do this on the switch version, but i tried to some time ago and sadly this is not possible at the current time.

sure, she has a free spin attack if you lose your powerups (this obviously happens to almost every player), but i cant say this is a reason to go claim "but that would be too overpoweed". really though, cat mario amiibo would qualify as OP before this would so thats definitely not why lol

for bowsers fury, it would be cool if we could play as the other characters from the main game too. they wouldnt have to change much of bowser jr's dialogue either so it cant be that hard to pull this off either. all theyd probably change is the characters name in his text. small animation tweaks shouldnt be hard to do either during these cutscenes. its probably no different than in the main game tbh as far as animation changes goes, might very well be an easy cut and paste tbh

i love both modes of course, but these wouldve been some amazing changes still! i always like more characters in these games =)

Back