Super Mario 3D World reviews are here!

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Yeah, reviews are here!
And this looks a must buy too!

Metacritic score: 93/100

Nintendo Life: 10/10
Super Mario 3D World can be easily summarised — it’s a terrifically enjoyable, tight and impeccably structured experience. It recalls the mascot’s 3D heritage while providing the perfect starting point for those that prefer 2D platforming, catering to an audience of beginners and skilled veterans alike. Nintendo’s also mastered Mario multiplayer for, arguably, the first time; it’s still manic and can be either co-operative or competitive, but there’s also a sense of space that allows determined groups to progress coherently.

This is a definitive 3D Mario experience, successfully finding a middle-ground between the iconic Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy. You may not swing Bowser by his tail or run upside down, but it’s bursting with creativity nonetheless, while delivering on the craft and skill that defines the Tokyo EAD studio. It’s unmissable.

IGN: 9.6
Super Mario 3D World is marvelous and its fantastic co-op and variety will keep you entertained for hours.

+Unabashedly creative
+Great co-op multiplayer
+Skillful platforming
+Excellent music
+Great art direction
–Four-player camera

Destructoid: 10
One of the best Mario games of all time

Official Nintendo Magazine UK: 93%

Not so much a baby step into HD 3D platforming as a triple backflip onto a Goomba's dome. A constant source of joy, surprise and ideas, ideas, ideas.

@Onett, must have right?

Yes, @Erixsan, this is a must have game for any Wii U owner. I'll be picking up this game on Friday after school is over.

Yes, @Erixsan, this is a must have game for any Wii U owner. I'll be picking up this game on Friday after school is over.

I wish you good luck!
PS: I still waiting the other intro logo

That's awesome :eek:, good luck let us know if you enjoyed the game ( I know you will) :)

This game really looks like a must buy on the market for Wii U owners.

That's awesome :eek:, good luck let us know if you enjoyed the game ( I know you will) :)

This game really looks like a must buy on the market for Wii U owners.

I probably will buy a Wii U with this game... Don't know if in 2014 or 2015. Maybe 2016 T_T

I probably will buy a Wii U with this game... Don't know if in 2014 or 2015. Maybe 2016 T_T
I might buy a Wii U, for this game, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros. 4 hopefully in 2014 :)

I will totally get this. I don't care about the reviews, hopefully I will get it next month :D. I told you IGN said that about the 4 player camera!

of course im gonna get this game it looks so fun like how Mario has a cat suit that's new he can climb up walls that's so cool <3

Wow, talk about critical acclaim.

Lol everyone is like HEY IM GONNA GET THE WII U I DONT FREAKING CARE IM JUST GONNA GET I TO PLAY THE NEW GAMES !!! Lol

Lol everyone is like HEY IM GONNA GET THE WII U I DONT FREAKING CARE IM JUST GONNA GET I TO PLAY THE NEW GAMES !!! Lol
Well kinda really, these new games are looking awesome, I say that it will be worth it just to get the Wii U for those few awesome games ^_^

Here... Outside Xbox and PlayStation fans are hating a lot meanwhile they're... figthing with words :p

As if Rosalina being playable in this game wasn't incentive enough, it's getting glowing reviews too? Nintendo can have even more of my cash after this!

As if Rosalina being playable in this game wasn't incentive enough, it's getting glowing reviews too? Nintendo can have even more of my cash after this!
Same thing I thought, this game needs a lot of sales, its clear to see Nintendo worked very hard to create this game though.

Nintendo producing another game that gets a lot of good reviews? Well, can't say I'm that surprised to be honest lol Nintendo has been making a lot of good games (particularly now)

Yeah, reviews are here!
And this looks a must buy too!

Metacritic score: 93/100

Nintendo Life: 10/10
Super Mario 3D World can be easily summarised — it’s a terrifically enjoyable, tight and impeccably structured experience. It recalls the mascot’s 3D heritage while providing the perfect starting point for those that prefer 2D platforming, catering to an audience of beginners and skilled veterans alike. Nintendo’s also mastered Mario multiplayer for, arguably, the first time; it’s still manic and can be either co-operative or competitive, but there’s also a sense of space that allows determined groups to progress coherently.

This is a definitive 3D Mario experience, successfully finding a middle-ground between the iconic Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy. You may not swing Bowser by his tail or run upside down, but it’s bursting with creativity nonetheless, while delivering on the craft and skill that defines the Tokyo EAD studio. It’s unmissable.

IGN: 9.6
Super Mario 3D World is marvelous and its fantastic co-op and variety will keep you entertained for hours.

+Unabashedly creative
+Great co-op multiplayer
+Skillful platforming
+Excellent music
+Great art direction
–Four-player camera

Destructoid: 10
One of the best Mario games of all time

Official Nintendo Magazine UK: 93%

Not so much a baby step into HD 3D platforming as a triple backflip onto a Goomba's dome. A constant source of joy, surprise and ideas, ideas, ideas.

@Onett, must have right?
Looks like a really, really good game... I think I will buy it with the eshop cash I get from 3DSPEDIA (that is, if I ever get enough to cover the balance of that $60...) I wonder if tax evasion still works on the wii u and will it affect my previous purchases? And can I switch back?

Looks like a really, really good game... I think I will buy it with the eshop cash I get from 3DSPEDIA (that is, if I ever get enough to cover the balance of that $60...) I wonder if tax evasion still works on the wii u and will it affect my previous purchases? And can I switch back?

It should work... Anyways, this game will be the first one I will play once I buy the Wii U

Back