'Super Mario 64'... with new characters and online mayhem!

• Thread starter T-Player Guy
  • Start date
T-Player Guy

T-Player Guy

Always think positively!
Towns Folk
And here I was thinking that 'Super Mario 3D World' was the most hectic we'd ever get from a multiplayer platformer Mario... Oh, how naive we were to think that. :p

image.jpeg

Just recently, the unimaginable has happened. 'Super Mario 64' has been upgraded to an online frantic reunion of shattered dreams and aching war. And it's amazing! You get to play hide n' seek, racing on foot, beating each and every other character on screen, and more! Also, it allows up to 24 active players at the same time, being able to now play as the following:
  • Mario (The all-around man)
  • Luigi (Jumps higher, and takes longer to turn/stop after running)
  • Peach (Can hover for a bit, thanks to her dress)
  • Yoshi (Can flutter jump to his heart's content)
  • Wario (Takes a lot less damage from anything)
  • Waluigi (Double jumps, and is as resistant as a glass to anything, equaling to receiving more damage)
  • Toad (Is the nibblest thing alive)
  • Rosalina (Borrows her spin attack from 'Super Mario 3D World')
image.jpeg

The core game's still the same, only more packed in content, not to mention more intrusive and maddening for the average Joe. Which of course, makes it all the more awesomer. In case anyone's curious, 'Super Mario 64 Online' can be downloaded from its website here below:

https://sm64o.com

Keep in mind that you do require a N64 emulator and ROM version of the original game downloaded on your computer for this baby to properly work. Each room can be set up by your IP address, which can be easily found in the computer itself with "Command Prompt", and by typing in "ipconfig". Maybe some extra requirements will be needed, but I think that depends from computer to computer.

After all is said and done, let the chaos begin!

I just saw this recently on YouTube and it looks fun but I'm not interested in getting it (plus I don't wanna risk getting a virus).
Here's a video just to sample a few of the fun things you can do:

Reactions: T-Player Guy
This is unexpected for me. I know Ninty has decided to give Yoshi, Luigi and Wario their share of roles in Super Mario 64 DS remake, but I didn't expect the modders to add much more than that, especially Rosalina because she didn't appear in any games before Super Mario Galaxy.

Reactions: T-Player Guy
This is quite interesting and seems like it has good potential :D

Kinda sad they included Rosalina but not the other N64 era characters though :(

Actually quite interesting. Nintendo should do official add-ons to their original games in the Virtual console imo. I think they would be able to reach out to more players.

With that aside, this actually looks like it's pretty cool. I'm probably not gonna download this, mainly because a gamecube emulator just isn't working on my computer...

Looks fun, but no way I'd get back setup.

This looked fun, i thought maybe i would try it sometime when I figure out how to use my joycons on pc, but who would i play with? #nintenpediaserver? It looks like a blast.

Back