super mario galaxy fast foe comet: underused potential (my thoughts)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
out of all the comet types in super mario galaxy me and a friend personally observed that the most underused was the fast foe comet. one of the only stages in the entire game with the fast foe comet was stone cyclone area, and the toy time galaxy area as well. this was so underused its kind of a disappointment. meanwhile they abused the crap out of speedy comets and cosmic comets without hesitation... and dont even get me started on cosmic luigi, that was just plain unfair

not even an early boss got a fast foe comet and this is where i personally feel it wouldve been best, instead of just areas with unkillable enemies that are for the most part easily avoided. one in particular who wouldve actually been noticeably dangerous with a fast foe boost is bouldergeist. he requires a lot of hits to take down, throws lots of stuff at you and then grows arms after being hit enough by boo bombs (i thought these were cute btw lol) and fast foe wouldve been no pushover at all against him since he would do all of this at a much greater pace. and remember touching a boo bomb by mistake when not spin on time also results in getting hurt so take that and all those normal rocks thrown at you, then his normally slow punches towards the end being very fast and see how 'easy' this would really be!

sure, maybe fast foe bouldergeist would be pretty insane but with that being said i still believe cosmic luigi would be even worse than this would be... the only differece is one can have you die faster because of forced fast time. i feel like i have the ability to learn appropriate dodging though for a speeded up bouldergeist unlike long jumping to oblivion without making one mistake... id take the hard boss over that stupidity any day.

another one that wouldve done well with fast foe comet is the black version of the octopus boss in the engine room. he technically takes less hits than bouldergeist but the total overall hazards is significantly greater and i will be honest this wouldve been both crazy and hilarious at the same time. probably the two best bosses that couldve showed off the potential a fast foe comet had that it unfortunately didnt get. even though it would be ideal for these to appear much later on (because of obviously high difficulty) it still wouldve beaten the poorly used potential this comet type ended up getting.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back