super mario galaxy: how to beat cosmic luigi without luck? (former rage quit, he is mean...)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so theres a good reason i was never able to 100% this game, and the bane of it all was when i encountered the first cosmic comet for luigi. this clone is so mean and horribly broken its not even funny: all he does is spam long jumps and he never makes any mistakes making it impossible to catch up when you do even one thing wrong! how was this a good idea? i realize they had to do something to make luigi harder but this was taking a step too far on the matter. this is so goddang ridiculous only a hardcore speedrunner who already went through the drama in the past (and mounds of obvious frustration) would stand any chance. and even if you jump the ledge towards the beginning of the honeyhive one hes still too quick... it seems like pure (and very narrow) luck beating him. a few long jumps wouldve been ok but not one right after another! how is someone supposed to do that?

i ended up rage quitting on the honeyhive one since no matter how i tried to outspam his stupid long jumping i just couldnt do it. never went back to playing as luigi again and i didnt bother getting all 120 stars with mario again either since cosmic luigi is impossible for me to beat. i spent over an hour dying 40 times or more and i quit after a while, didnt want to go through that canrage again

how does someone beat this without pure luck or flawlessness? really though =/

• Informative
Reactions: EsmyTiānmó
Against all of these cosmic races, clever routing is your best friend. Take risky jumps, find new shortcuts, and spam long jump. Do not follow the Cosmic Luigi's path exactly as sometimes he doesn't take the best path possible. Stay close to it but try to cut cornets off anywhere you can. If you have the better routing and you spam long jump just like the Cosmic Luigi, you'll be golden. If you struggle finding these routes, I recommend checking out speedruns of the game

As for Honeyhive, there is a shortcut. From the start, long jump to under the swing and then continue forward, but head upwards instead of going down where the signs would direct you. You should continue long jumping past the fountain until you reach the fence. If you jump on the 2nd log from the left on the fence and long jump to the left, you can skip the beginning and get a head start. That'll give you enough of a head start to beat the clone.

Hope this helps! Idk if they patched it out in All Stars but it was in the OG game and I doubt Nintendo even knew it existed lol.

Reactions: EsmyTiānmó, Marc, Kadaj and 1 other person
Back